Auto Buggy , Highwheeler, Lubricator TEN feed

caldwell/vale

Highest price paid for TEN feed belt drive lubricator  any condition   ,

To use in the restoration of an IHC Auto Buggy ,

May have a tag saying ", Cummins ", or   " Precision Appliance Co., " Could be other  brands too ?(  See Pic. )

Interested in any Highwheeler parts ,

Even parts that are rusty or even been though a fire !

Someone must have  parts or wreck or know someone with parts ?

Thanks for looking,

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

If you are interested,I have a very nice IHC high wheeler sales brochure. $125.00 includes shipping. Please reply to: wrwtobias@yahoo.com Thank you.

Bill E ,

Thanks for your reply ,  Can you shed any light on the lubricator  in the pic  ?

Looks be another stye with pipes out the side , Not on top   ?  Also mounting bolts different too ,

Happy to trade parts etc.  Will keep in touch ,  

IMG_0368.JPG

If you look closely at the engines with the different oilers, you will see some differences.  The one with the oiler with the side feeds has the oiler mounted to the top of the engine and it has a timer.  The one with the top feed oiler has a magnito and the oiler is mounted to the cross braces.  I think, but I am not totally sure, that the engine with the side feed oiler is a 1910 and the one with the top feed oiler is a 1911.  The 1909 engine was different than either of these.  It had bolts that went through the intake and exhaust manifolds where these engines have one bolt with a clamp that goes between the intake and exhaust manifolds.  In 1912 they came out with the water cooled engine and that had an internal oil pump so it did not have a mechanical oiler.  I am not sure if the 1912 and later air cooled engine went to the internal oil pump or if it still had the mechanical oiler.  I have a 1913 air cooled.  I now that there is not an external oiler on it, but I am not sure if it is missing or if it has the internal oil pump.  I can take a look tonight and let you know. 

What year is your Highwheeler.  What parts do you need?

Bill Erskine

I did some looking at the parts books that I have and at my Highwheelers.  I can only make an educated guess as to what would be correct for what years and models.  There appears to be two basic configurations.  The first is the oiler mounted over the rear jug.  This appears to be the earliest configuration and all the illustrations in the parts books have the oiler with the side feeds in this configuration.  The second is the oiler mounted above the transmission.  In all the illustrations in the parts books, this configuration has the oiler with the top feeds.  All the illustrations in the parts books of 1909 and earlier show the side oiler mounted above the rear jug.  There are illustrations in the parts books of 1910 engines with both configurations of oilers.  All the illustration in the parts books for 1911 show the oiler mounted above the transmission with top feeds.  1912 and newer has the internal oil pump so no external oiler on these.  I think that the oiler mounted above the rear jug could only be used on an Auto Buggy.  For an Auto Wagon, the bed would not allow for this configuration.  The parts list has 4 different oilers.  PN 1565 E is a Cummins and is listed for 10-11 Auto Buggy and 09-11 Auto Wagon.  PN 1540 E is a Lavigne and is listed for 09 Auto Wagon.  PN 1314 E is a Cummins and is listed for 09 Auto Buggy.  PN 1314 EA is a Lavigne and is listed for 07-09 Auto Buggy.   The bracket that mounts the oiler above the transmission (PN 500 E (Cummins)) is listed for 10-11 Auto Buggy and 09-11 Auto wagon.  This application matches oiler PN 1565 E.  A similar bracket (PN 500EA (Lavigne)) is listed for 09 Auto Wagon.  The bracket that mounts the oiler above the rear jug (PN 136 1/2 E) is listed for 08-09 Auto Buggy.  So, based on all of this, it appears that the oiler mounted above the rear jug with side feeds is appropriate for 09 and earlier Auto Buggies.  The oiler mounted above the transmission with the top feeds is appropriate for 10 - 11 Auto Buggies and 09 - 11 Auto Wagons.  Again, this is just an educated guess.  Now we come to what I have.  My 1909 Auto Buggy is missing the oiler and bracket so I can not tell anything from that.  My 1910 Auto Wagon has the top feed oiler mounted above the transmission.  My 1911 Auto Wagon has the top feed oiler mounted above the transmission.  

I hope the above helps.  If you find an extra side feed oiler, I would be interested.

Bill Erskine

• Like 1