The Easter Car show in St. Louis might be lonely today.

Not really, since the snow is coming later in the day.........Yes snow on Easter.  Now I know Chicago has bad weather for Easter because when I was a kid during the last century, there was an ice storm and we had to walk to church because dad could not get the car out from the curb. I usually tell that story in my old geezer voice so you will have to add that part yourself.  Think grandpa Walton

On 4/1/2018 at 10:05 AM, plymouthcranbrook said:

Local weather people say that this will be the coldest Easter in 22 years in Chicago

Ooohhh!  I get to use one of my old geezer routines!  I remember when I was a you lad in the middle of the last century when we were in Chicago on Easter.  They had an ice storm so bad my daddy could not get the car out from the curb and we had to walk on the ice allll the way to services.

I forgot to mention that there was a yellow 16 valve TC there. As for Southern Ca., my wife's nephew transferred out there and had the good fortune to experience your earthquakes and watch burning embers fall in the swimming pool his first week.  Soo, he applied for a transfer back to Mi.  The reply was that he would have tornadoes there..  His reply was they also have basements there and snow plows and you get to buy a new car every few years when the old disappears slowly as you drive to work on salty roads.

And while you were showing in the snow and hoping not to be shot to death, we were enjoying morning temperatures from the 70s up to around 90 in the afternoon, and never having to worry about wildfires, earthquakes or floods here in lovely North-Western Arizona. Our one exception is if someone blows Hoover Dam.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:57 AM, Bill Reichert said:

Yes snow on Easter.  Now I know Chicago has bad weather for Easter... 

Actually, there's no need to think cold weather is "bad."

Snow is a natural and normal part of the weather for

at least half the world.  Having grown up in snow country,

I think cool weather is refreshing!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)