1939 Pierce Arrow found!

trimacar

Well, I can't hold back any longer, I was finally able to acquire what no one thought existed, a 1939 Pierce Arrow....and it even came with the prototype sales catalog for that year. 

It's a very unusual body style, the Pierce engineers tried to combine a sedan with the attributes of the Travelodge, so that it's like a big van with living quarters.  In the catalog it's called a "Travelus", which combines the words Travel and Bus......pictures to follow, but here's the catalog cover.....

photo.JPG

• Like 3

Mr Trim.......I would like to purchase that 1939 V-16 Pierce-Asshoe for for $137,236.17 us. Cash only.....of course. I assume it’s the factory correct purple and red two tone exterior with the yellow goat skinned upholstery with the pink feather trim? If not the price will need to be adjusted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Mr Trim.......I would like to purchase that 1939 V-16 Pierce-Asshoe for for $137,236.17 us. Cash only.....of course. I assume it’s the factory correct purple and red two tone exterior with the yellow goat skinned upholstery with the pink feather trim? If not the price will need to be adjusted. 

Correct me if wrong but isn't the fur supposed to be on the goat skin upholstery and the floors covered in ceramic tile?

2 minutes ago, Brass is Best said:

Correct me if wrong but isn't the fur supposed to be on the goat skin upholstery and the floors covered in ceramic tile?

Only  if the latrine has an upholstered  toilet seat do you get the tiles on the floor in a Pierce-Asshoe Travelodge. It’s the delux model only of course. 

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Ah, so you know the car, as you know so many cars!

The V-16 purrs like a lion, and, oh, the front of the car...it's the grill of my dreams.....

Cash is acceptable, small unmarked bills, please.........

Just for the record my "like" is for the early morning April Fool's day joke. Today is my birthday (really) so I have learned after all these decades to take any early morning postings as such .......and there have been many over the years. Yours is one of the best .......

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Does it have bluetooth with the computer system David?

No, it has Sabertooth with a Commuter system.....the hyperflux inductor and the modulating incarbamater work, though....

• Haha 1

As you know, the Pierce-Arrow tools & dyes were sold to the honorable Japanese in 1939, so you're lucky to have one of the last cars to come out before the Japanese versions did. They used the dyes for those dreadful Purple and Red versions edinmass was talking about(Mae West may have had one).

Please right to me at:

Col. Cragmont Brown

Tru-Facts*Manufactured Theories*Reviews-For-A-Dollar*

Bogus Basin*ID

Here's old what's-his-face in his Zis convertible(cant find a picture of old Tojo in his '39 Pierce-Yajirushi...with the factory in Nagasaki...it's real hard to find Tru-facts that  they even existed):

stalinjuttu0111LS_au.jpg

Picture of the old butcher himself.

Photo source:  Mr. Juha Kaita posted this 10-year-old photo on the Peerless Forum when we were discussing Peerlesses in Finland. It's not a Peerless, but looks kind of Packard-ish for some reason. It's an ex-dictator's car which was in Mr. Rannila's collection in northern Finland...before some hideously-wealthy Russians bought it...and  brought it back to the Kremlin. My sources in the OSS tell me the dude in the back is saying: "I think we'll invade Finland this winter with a whole division. What could possibly go wrong with that?".

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Interesting enough, I spotted two Pierce Arrows today at our local car club event.

Rear one was a Limo with cab separation glass. Forward cabriolet had a golf bag compartment. RR behind passenger door.

KTbMXXXf57Wu0L6jlyzEUPwjGzriIUxK4sJzH6IF

13 hours ago, unimogjohn said:

David, I found the pic of your new motorhome.   When do you go to pick it up?  What a cool ride.

metalrv.jpg

Wow, that's quite a find.....lots of stuff going on there!

10 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Interesting enough, I spotted two Pierce Arrows today at our local car club event.

Rear one was a Limo with cab separation glass. Forward cabriolet had a golf bag compartment. RR behind passenger door.

KTbMXXXf57Wu0L6jlyzEUPwjGzriIUxK4sJzH6IF

Nice....looks like maybe a 1930 Model A or B limo and a late 1920's roadster, unusual wire wheels on the roadster and I like the no side mounts on it.....