Cast plate for car or possibly motorcycle

pint4

I have this cast plaque-looks to be aluminum that says-"Bauld Eagles" with an image of an eagle on it and below the eagle it says "Bureau County".  The plate is approximately 5" x 9" and is about a 1/4" thick. 

Does anyone know anything about the this plaque? What it was used for? I am attaching a photo.

Thanks.

eagle.jpg

That makes sense since the plaque ended up in Wisconsin. It looks like something one would attach to a car but then again, maybe not. The back side has about a 1/4" of tar on it. I wonder what vintage it is?

I was leaning that way. It is always a tough call but repainting does take a way some of the character and originality. 

I have a 1926 Cadillac two-speed shaft driven pedal car that is all original and in extremely nice condition. I came within an inch of tearing it apart and painting it. I was looking at it the other day and I was sure glad I didn't restore it. If I had, it wouldn't have looked much different than all the imported reproductions. And technically I am only the second owner. The original owner received it as a Christmas gift from his brother at a very young age and took really good car of it. It meant a lot to him. Now it is my turn to be caretaker of it for the next generation.

• Like 1

It's creative! I vote to keep both original. It'll retain more value and character.

Here's an excellent website on the subject: (I'll have to send a digital of my old plaque).

http://www.carclubplaques.pairsite.com/Cities/None.htm

http://www.carclubplaques.pairsite.com/carclubplaques.htm

Edited by drwatson
clarity (see edit history)