olds 260 --->olds 455 (will it work)

I bought a 1980 olds cutlass supreme which i was told had a 350, very weak might I add, come to find out, its a turd 260 that actually runs well. I just purchased a 455 out of a 72 olds and I need to know if it will work in my C.S???

will I need new motor mounts or anything or will the existing mounts and/or alternator/water pump etc. work??? This thing is seriosly SERIOUSLY slow, gonnaa kick it in the butt if I can and make this thing move! Also, just to ask, has anyone seen a stainless steel accented roof on these '80 olds? just wondering if it might be something special I've never heard of. thanks-Jeff

PLEASE EMAIL IF ANY INFO @ wannanickel@yahoo.com [color:"red"]

It can be done, though a 350-403 would have been easier since it would have dropped right in on the 260 mounts. You may have to experiment some with mount locations. Alt, A/C and PS will bolt right to the 455 and I think you'll have enough fan-to-radiator clearance; if not, ditch the fan and use electrics.

The stainless roof trim was part of the Y76 Marketing Group Car option. I don't see many G-cars with it. This covers both sail panels and goes over the top, right? Y76 cars were called by many names the years it was offered.