1939 Buick Coupe newyork craigslist

NOT MINE

1939 Buick Business Coupe Special Barn Find - $10500 (mt kisco)
https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/1939-buick-business-coupe/6545804401.html

1939 Buick Business Coupe Special. 3 speed on the column. The car is complete and all original. Great

restoration project. Solid frame. Some surface rust on body. Motor turns over, Must see to appreciate.

Barn find. Asking $10500 or Best offer

00l0l_88KKibG2iGA_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_4zBOKzdAehe_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_1bbKV5abtHj_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_fohHe8ipmwZ_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_eENdLPvxX7x_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_BKoXgoH34I_1200x900.jpg

It's a shame someone took what looks like a nice car and then left it outside for a few years after rehabbing it.  How come all the barn finds only find the barn,  once they spent a bunch of years outside first and we are not talking about their life as a normal car but later when they became an old car? 

Looks like some work was done on it in the past: repainted dash, recast steering wheel, seats recovered. 70's restoration????

Does look wet in the trunk. Head and something in that cardboard box.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

My dad bought an unfinished car in the late seventies. It had a lot of new parts and a gallon of yellow paint. There was a fella across the road from us that was commissioned to finish it. He painted it  and did some other work to it. My dad sold it shortly there after. I don't remember where it went  but it very well could be the same car as I am in PA.

10 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

It's a shame someone took what looks like a nice car and then left it outside for a few years after rehabbing it.

Old cars dissolve in water. That's what rain is made out of.

• Like 1

If you left the car in a lake the pH would be about 7, neutral. Leave it out in the rain it is about 5.5, quite acidic.

I'm really trying hard not to mention the deformed Frogs in the north country. You aren't French, are you, Auburnseeker?

Bernie

2 hours ago, KongaMan said:

"Barn find" sure seems to be the phrase du jour, doesn't it?  One might confidently wager that 95% of the cars so described have never been any closer to a barn than the distance from the barn to the road.

I do not understand why you people in the USA loose barns.  :huh:  Big buildings are hard to loose

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

If you left the car in a lake the pH would be about 7, neutral. Leave it out in the rain it is about 5.5, quite acidic.

I'm really trying hard not to mention the deformed Frogs in the north country. You aren't French, are you, Auburnseeker?

Bernie

There is some Canook in the blood chain somewhere though we finally lost our accent. 

• 11 months later...
On 3/31/2018 at 3:58 AM, 1939_Buick said:

I do not understand why you people in the USA loose barns

If you ever get a chance to visit New York State you will soon see the farm equipment is all left sitting outside in the weather. Nothing in the barn except those random cars and a few hay bales. Easy to lose it when you don't use it. One thing you rarely find in an old barn, an old tractor, they are out in the hedgerow.

Next topic: Police auctions.

Bernie

On 3/20/2019 at 6:04 AM, Joseph Hill said:

I am looking for a 1939 Buick lower gill, drivers side, would take both sides. Any ideas? 

There are 2 versions of '39 grilles

Early with 45 uprights & 1 horizontal

Later with 39 uprights & 3 horizontal

Some times you see cars with 1 of each

5 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

If you ever get a chance to visit New York State you will soon see the farm equipment is all left sitting outside in the weather. Nothing in the barn except those random cars and a few hay bales. Easy to lose it when you don't use it. One thing you rarely find in an old barn, an old tractor, they are out in the hedgerow.

I have a rusty car in a barn on a cousins farm. He keeps a good JD tractor, old machinery and some hay in it.  He has never lost the barn

20181020_144410s.jpg