REVERSE STYLE WHEELS ON A 65

SB3

Here is a pic of my 65. Had it for over 10 years now. Very fun car to drive around town. Looking to put some "reverse" style Supremes on there next, if any of you have experience with reverse style wheels, any advice would be appreciated. Mainly want to know if there is anything on the car that would need to be modified. Thx. 

10FD88AA-9F57-4DAC-B606-9F9824F601DD.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, SB3 said:

Looking to put some "reverse" style Supremes on there next, if any of you have experience with reverse style wheels, any advice would be appreciated. Mainly want to know if there is anything on the car that would need to be modified. Thx. 

My experience with reversed rims is that they tend to put extra strain on the wheel bearings, especially ball type bearings. 

Great looking '65 you have there, SB3.

Steve

I've got reverse Supremes on my 64.  They are 15x7.  Here is what i had to do to make them fit.  Keep in mind it's a 64 and the Supremes are wrapped in fat white Coker G78-15's.

I had to hammer in a couple of protrusions under both rear wheel wells.  I had to grind down the center hub of the brake drum to clear the wheels center bore without a spacer.  I'm not sure if you'll need to do this.  I am lowered about 2+ inches.  I still get occasional rubbing on the rear.  I am using a 5mm spacer up front for the hub bore clearance and I can't do full lock turns without rubbing.

In my opinion, I would get 14' reverse if they have them and maybe get some sportway's on them.

Hope that helps.  Your car looks great as-is BTW.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Steve, This is joe w/ the black rivi. I changed out my 15" supremes w radial tires for 14" LA wires with Coker 520's. The look is great, but the ride changes dramatically on those bias tires, especially on the freeway. Another option is getting 175 radials assuming they fit, since the side wall on the driver side on these GM cars is narrower. I can drop my car but need to be carefull on the rear height while driving. Let's connect and you can see my car to get some ideas. 

Edited by Jojo65
edit a word (see edit history)