Sign in to follow this  
thegnu

55 roadmaster 322 , 2 barrel carb problems

General consensus on the internet is that Pertronix was good until the last couple years. It left me stranded in December of 2016 three times, where I spent my time white knuckled setting points with a matchbook in the parking lot of my community college and a Chuck E. Cheese's sandwiched between a liquor store and lingerie store.

(And the failures were caused by?  Just curious, but not as curious as the placement of those business establishments).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NTX5467 said:

(And the failures were caused by?  Just curious, but not as curious as the placement of those business establishments).

Not sure, all three of them just died when I went to start the car. The first time I ran it with the pertronix coil, no ballast resistor like the instructions advised. The second time I ran my own coil with the ballast resistor and the third time I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It just worked and then didn't, like an internal short or something. When returned, they concluded the module just died so don't know what to tell you in that regard. 

20 hours ago, Beemon said:

in the parking lot of my community college and a Chuck E. Cheese's sandwiched between a liquor store and lingerie store.

Sounds like a perfect date.  :D 

• Haha 5