Vacel Vega Racing!!

We are planning to start racing with our Vacel Vega HK 500! We hope next season.. Well anyway I post our Vacel!

Best Regards

Ian Coenen

Freestylerz, Netherlands [color:\\"blue\\"]

I almost bought a Facel years ago from my friend the late Richie Miller but it was a real wreck, of course prices being what they are now it would've been a great bargain.

I've only ever seen one of those - a gold one looking rather forlorn but with a current registration out on the north fork of LI. Possibly the same one LI Stellite mentions? What struck me was a small placard on the dash that read to the effect that the windows should be fully raised at speeds in excess of 120 MPH.

Put together properly, that car would be a real peach!

Sounds like the same car! Really ratty but complete. Story I heard is that after I passed on it Richie sold it to another guy who just let it sit. Whereabouts on the island is this one?

Ahh...the 327. It's been embarassingly slow, actually. I've done a fair bit of research on it though - In the year I've had it, I've found 2 parts sources, a translated copy of the factory shop manual, a copy of the owner's manual (a freebie from BMW actually), and some parts inerchange info. I'm working on making my garage a suitable workshop, and beginning on the 23rd of this month, I'll be taking a vocational couse in autobody work. The reason things haven't gone more quickly is primarily financial - we redid the kitchen, added a bath, and we're (hopefully) adopting a child, all of which ain't cheap, but they're important IMHO. Thankfully the bride is tolerant of my intentions with the car, though. It's been my dream since I was five to see this very car run and I will be patient, but I'll not be denied.

Mebbe I should have started a new thread...

L I Stellite, The Facel Vega was here in Ridgefield, Ct. back in the late '70's. Now I'm going to have to track down the guy that is rumored to have six of them. It wasn't real ratty, just a driver. What I remember most is the fact that the owner looked like the car. Short, muscular, buzz cut, probably ended a few bar fights.

To LI Stellite: The gold Facel I saw (maybe 3 years ago?) was parked at a Citgo gas station on the north side Route 25 in Mattituck, just east of the movie theater and what used to be a Dairy Queen. It was gold as I said with a cream or white leather interior, which was in sorry shape but all there. I think the dash and gauges were ok and that it might have had a pushbutton tranny. It wore current NY registration and inspection stickers, so I figure it must not be far from some sort of running condition. I recall old license plates on the car - the old yellow and black ones maybe? It appeared straight with all trim present, but rusty. I thought it an ambitious project or an excellent parts car at the time. The car exuded a faded opulence that made me sad for it as few other derelicts I've seen have. I've not seen the car again and I can only hope someone saved it. One does see some interesting cars out here...last year I came upon a Daf Dandelion that was rusted to Hell and just this weekend I saw a nice Fiat Bianchina for sale in Riverhead...