1939 Stream Boards For Sale

Bob H

Probably the most complete set of 1939 stream boards available. The boards are in great condition except for a narrow sheet metal strip on the inside that holds weatherstripping. They are straight and rust free as they were dip-stripped with the rest of my project's sheet metal. The support brackets are included, now powder coated black. All six pieces of stainless trim are there, in decent shape but need straightening and polishing. The rear fender stone guards are included but need straightening and new rubber covering, not easily repaired. Don't have a picture but I also have the rear fenders with mounting holes for the stone guards, intact and rust free, also dip-stripped but need sheet metal work as you might expect from almost eighty year old parts.

The retainers for the wide stainless trim piece on the outer edge of the boards are in rough shape and will need replacement, either fabrication or an adaptation of universal retainers. The previously mentioned weather strip retainers need to be fabricated and replaced, an easy repair. The fenders need some body work and straightening, and the trim needs refinishing. The pieces are all there and most are in better than average condition. $1500 for everything, available now in Rainier, Oregon.

Unusual delivery option: we are leaving March 27 on a road trip to Virginia and could take the parts with us for pick up on or near our travel route. We will close this offer Sunday evening March 25 since we will be gone until the third week in April.

Would consider some 1939 Special parts as part payment, a new throttle cable, a NOS headlight switch, the medallion that goes on the nose of the car, left and right vent window regulators, and an original lug wrench. Let me know what you might have.

I am winding down my 1939 46C restoration project and have tons or surplus parts to dispose of, including two parts cars. Living in Rainier, Oregon makes shipping prohibitively expensive for large bulky parts . I am working on an inventory and when it's complete will offer the entire lot for sale. If you are now a parts vendor this might be worth your while, more later.

Thanks, Bob H

068 (Medium).JPG

Stream bds (Medium).JPG

072 (Medium).JPG

082 (Medium).JPG

Streamboard, L under (Medium).JPG

Streamboard, R top (Medium).JPG

Rear Fender Rock Guards  RL (Medium).JPG

Progress 02 16 018 (Small).JPG

Progress 2 02 16 018 (Small).JPG

I've got a good used throttle cable and knob at my home in Florida.  Have the nose emblem too, i think, but it's not NOS.  But this stuff is in central Florida.  I'll be in Virginia until March 23 myself.  Car looks good.  Wheels look like 15-inch, but I'm sure I'm wrong.  I have two old wheels with the three rings still on them....I used one as the pattern to strip the wheels on the 46C I restored, and then sold.

Allan: My father was stationed in Australia early in WW2 and I have always wanted to visit. Maybe the stream boards could be checked baggage? Yes, my project has stream boards, the car was born with them. Thanks for the note, good to hear from you. Bob H

Dynaflash8: I'll send you a note about the parts you have via a PM that I started awhile back about a radio. Is there a chance you might have any really nice hubcaps that fit Special. I have "drivers" but need something better for Sunday cruising.

Sharp eyes, those are indeed 15 inch wheels and tires. I have a set of trued and balanced original 16 inch for the car that will be painted body color with the three pinstripes. Didn't want to buy 16 inch tires and have them die of old age waiting for the car to get finished. Picked up a set of 15 inch rags at the local auto wrecker's. The red 15 inch wheels will become part of my surplus parts pile. Just couldn't put rusty old parts on the new chassis so I powder coated them red to stimulate conversation. Thanks for the reply, Bob H

Edited by Bob H
more info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 minute ago, drptop70ss said:

Are these stream boards hard to find? I have a set as well, didnt know what they were and found this thread while trying to figure out what they were.

purely on yes or no, yes they are hard to find

of course just about anything can be found with enough looking, but those are not commonly found

1 hour ago, 39BuickEight said:

purely on yes or no, yes they are hard to find

of course just about anything can be found with enough looking, but those are not commonly found

Trust me.  They are EXTREMELY hard to find.  You don't have to have the rear fenders since you can drill holes for the stonepad clips, but every little bit helps.  Advertise in the Bugle for a member who can restore the stonepads.  Maybe he'll answer you.  He told me he only did it for friends, because he was too busy.  I cannot give out his name for that reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Trust me.  They are EXTREMELY hard to find.  You don't have to have the rear fenders since you can drill holes for the stonepad clips, but every little bit helps.  Advertise in the Bugle for a member who can restore the stonepads.  Maybe he'll answer you.  He told me he only did it for friends, because he was too busy.  I cannot give out his name for that reason.

Thanks, I dont have the stone guards, just the pair of stream boards. I bought my car as a basket case with extra parts and the stream boards came with it.  I am not going to use them, so I will throw them up for sale once I get some pictures.