Phillip Cole

Southeastern National Spring Meet, April 7

The Southeastern National Spring Meet at the Charlotte Motor Speedway will be April 7th.

The deadline to show and/or judge has been extended to March 21st.

Remember free Charlotte Autofair (April 5-8) tickets will be provided for registered owners/judges

Edited by Phillip Cole (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Charlotte is a great meet.  Good food, reasonably priced hotels, fantastic fleamarket, and really nice people.   If you haven't attended, you owe it to yourself to do so!!

• Like 1

Another year we have to miss Charlotte :(  The past few, it has coincided with the St Baldrick's event my husband and I participate in .  Hopefully 2019 I can make the trip out :) 

Looking forward to another trip to Charlotte.  My wife and I always make a mini-vacation out of Charlotte since there are some very good museums to visit, NASCAR race shops, the Autofair, and judging the SE National Meet on Saturday.  

• Like 1

I received a "Cruise In" card today in the mail.  Can someone provide information on the cruise in at the Southeastern Spring Meet?

Thanks.

The Cruise-in is Thursday and Friday near the AACA Tent at the front of the Speedway (called the Fanfair area by the Speedway next to Speedway front entrance sign). Autofair opens at 8 a.m. The Cruise-in team will be there to show you where to park.

Roger,  by "card" do you mean a window sticker? Did you get tickets to Autofair and a Cruise-in letter, as well?

Phillip,

I received my autofair tickets and all of the rest of the normal packet in one mailing. I received a second envelope yesterday containing just the cruise in window sticker. That mailing did not have a cruise-in letter. Hopefully there were just a few of us who did not get the letter. I think I understand it from the tri-fold information, so I don't think I need the letter, but I assume that is what happened to Roger as well.

Okay, Matt and Roger (and anyone else with that sticker), 

In my defense my team does not handle the Cruise-in, but I did track this issue down this morning.  When you registered for the meet there was a line you could check for Cruise-in parking at no cost.  (Free parking right at the Speedway entrance and beside the show field , what a bargain!)  The cruise-in team assumed that the persons who checked that box would know what it was for.  The owners and judges mailings for the Meet, which my team did send last week, did have maps.  The Meet map works for the Cruise-in, as well.  And you would have received Autofair tickets for the Meet.  As Matt observed, the flyer (and my post above) gives you the info. you need.  Sorry for the confusion... The Cruise-in sticker is basically a parking sticker for those who requested it.  If you have a problem when you get there, tell the Cruise-in team to ask me what's going on!  

While I'm at it the dark yellow (?) judges stickers are also for parking.  That parking is right next to the AACA tent at the show field.  On Saturday, another team (we got teams...) will be directing judges parking.  Also, the white stickers for AACA Officials is for parking all week next to the Meet tent.

Mel and the HNR Board work hard to improve your experience at Autofair, the Meet, the Cruise-in, etc.  At the same time we're trying to keep thousands of vendors, 150,000 attendees, and the Speedway happy.  :D  :D  :D

Melanie, my two sons, my shop manager Michael, and I will be there in the car corral right by the start/finish line on the track. Please come see us. Right now we're planning on bringing these two cars, but that might change at the last minute:

001.jpg.d15dfc2a56809005db8728dfa3cd39f6.jpg 001.JPG.0ab424e672d0b24e42ed4894cdc31808.JPG

Please stop by and say hello. This is our first time in Charlotte so we're looking forward to seeing some new faces we've never met. See you there!

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Phillip, 

I understood what it was, but when you mentioned a Cruise-In letter, I was thinking that maybe some of us missed something. Phillip, don't let me get away from Charlotte without giving you those extra spare 1989 Buick parts. I will be happy to see them go to the guy who can potentially use them and free up a little bit of space on my workbench.  

Matt Harwood,

I am sure you will enjoy your time in Charlotte. Hopefully you will make it a regular venue for you. I hope it serves you well. It is always a great meet.

4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Melanie, my two sons, my shop manager Michael, and I will be there in the car corral right by the start/finish line on the track. Please come see us. Right now we're planning on bringing these two cars, but that might change at the last minute:

001.jpg.d15dfc2a56809005db8728dfa3cd39f6.jpg 001.JPG.0ab424e672d0b24e42ed4894cdc31808.JPG

Please stop by and say hello. This is our first time in Charlotte so we're looking forward to seeing some new faces we've never met. See you there!

Nice cars!

I'll stop by. I'll be at the AACA Meet Tent each day. The start/finish line is prime property! You should do well. When will you arrive?

1 hour ago, MCHinson said:

Phillip, 

I understood what it was, but when you mentioned a Cruise-In letter, I was thinking that maybe some of us missed something. Phillip, don't let me get away from Charlotte without giving you those extra spare 1989 Buick parts. I will be happy to see them go to the guy who can potentially use them and free up a little bit of space on my workbench. 

Thanks for offering them. I'm putting the 89 back in HPOF at Charlotte.  When will you arrive?

I have attended the Charlotte event many times but this will be my first time bringing a car for AACA judging. The weather forecast is not great and I was wondering if they will attempt to judge the cars if there is no break in the rain. 

Thanks

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 9:25 PM, Phillip Cole said:

Nice cars!

I'll stop by. I'll be at the AACA Meet Tent each day. The start/finish line is prime property! You should do well. When will you arrive?

We'll be rolling in Wednesday night so we can unload Thursday morning. And as expected, there's a change in the lineup. Obviously the Superbird deserves to be on the speedway, but we're bringing the Zephyr instead of the Ford wagon. It's just too pretty not to.

003.JPG.274b5448f05ed7fffd81bc0b8dce15d2.JPG

Hopefully the weather cooperates. If it's anything like Hershey, you'll get a prediction for one thing but it'll do the exact opposite. And as with Hershey, the one thing you DON'T do is talk about the weather forecast. Don't jinx us!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 65KGT said:

I have attended the Charlotte event many times but this will be my first time bringing a car for AACA judging. The weather forecast is not great and I was wondering if they will attempt to judge the cars if there is no break in the rain. 

Thanks

Judging will start at 11am regardless of the weather :)  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 65KGT said:

The weather forecast is not great and I was wondering if they will attempt to judge the cars if there is no break in the rain

Thanks

We  "Endeavor to Persevere" !

Chief Dan George :)

2 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

We  "Endeavor to Persevere" !

Chief Dan George :)

Hmmm... I seem to remember someone saying that the last time I judged Chassis in the rain, on grass, at an AACA Meet. :) 

Hopefully the weather turns out to be dry for the meet this weekend. I had hoped to make it to this meet (for the first time) this year. Unfortunately, that little thing called work messed up my plans. :(:(  Oh well, I hope to see everyone at the Grand National or Gettysburg or Hershey. Have a Great time at Charlotte! 

Charlie

• Haha 1

I'll be heading out Thursday morning for the drive up. Attending judging school on Friday and then judging on Saturday. Hope the weather is good, long ride both ways. First time attending Charlotte.

We judge on pavement in Charlotte. ?

Matt, apparently no one knows the Hershey weather rule... ?

The Speedway has a lot of new events planned for this Saturday, including a burnout contest and a drifting exhibit. 

• Like 1

As others have said, judging will start at 11 am, rain or not.  

Dave Bowman

Chief Judge

Southeastern Spring Meet

Charlotte, NC

• Like 3