Anyone near Winchester, VA. to look at a car for me?

Pete Phillips

Thanks to "trimacar" for looking at this '46 Roadmaster coupe for me. I made a decision to run the other way after seeing his photos of the disastrous condition of the car's floors. A shame, for a fairly rare car, but beyond restoration unless someone wants to spend a large amount of money on welding, fabrication, and body work; and then it has a totally wrong interior after that. If anyone ever needs an old Buick looked at in southern Oklahoma or northern Texas, I am happy to oblige--a service that old car hobbyists can provide for each other.

Pete Phillips

• Like 1

Happy to do it.  This car is a real shame.  Other than the floor, the rest of the body is in excellent shape, it doesn't make sense but it's so.  But, the floor and sills and trunk floor are awful, or, in the case of the trunk, nonexistent.

The car also starts right up and runs well, I was shocked.

The car could be saved, but I think to do it the body would need to come off the frame and have everything underneath replaced.  At the very bottom of this post is a movie of the engine running.

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0026.MOV

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 9:00 AM, Pete Phillips said:

If anyone ever needs an old Buick looked at in southern Oklahoma or northern Texas, I am happy to oblige--a service that old car hobbyists can provide for each other.

I can do the same in Eastern PA but it's going to cost a Whopper, fries and a coke for my trouble..............Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bhigdog said:

Mind saying what the asking price is (was)?.........Bob

I think it was 4000....it's hard to say, but body was in great shape, just the underpinnings were awful, thus it could be said, in total, the body was bad??

I have a full 47’ roadmaster sedanette body, rust free.  The body would be the same, correct?

How bad does “dead” feel?  My wife is gonna kill me, but may check further into this.

Trimacar, you have any more pictures?  Is the car complete besides the floors, etc?

Wonder if I can get him to come down on the price?  Still have to go get it.

Edited by jackofalltrades70 (see edit history)

I think I erased all the other pictures.  Yes, car seemed complete, he had rest of interior and some other parts in his garage.  Listing is off Craigslist so may have sold.  His phone number is 540-5397920 if you want to call him.