1935 Lincoln K - Series 541 Sedan

49 minutes ago, Curti said:

Whitewalls are OK if they are white on both sides.  Single sided white walls  were not available until 1939. 

Personally I think black walls draw attention to the car not the tires.  It is a blond brunet thing.

Curt,  just to clarify a bit,  whitewalls are like a brunette wearing a big blonde wig.   At least the tires on Tom's Lincoln have a decent trade pattern.  I could probably live with them if I had to.

• Like 1

The fact that such a nice car for so little money baffles me, it’s not a three window limo..........the car has nice lines, good color, sidemount covers, and seems to be a sorted driver. What more could someone ask? 

I think it will move soon.   I'm laughing at myself because I'm peeing all over the tires and when you look at my avatar you can't see the car past the whitewalls.   I need to buy some blackwalls but that is 1,800 bucks for a car I have to push around.

• Haha 1

AJ, you don’t have to push it around much longer.........just finish it! Your at the end of the road so to speak, and could be driving in in a few weeks. Ed

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, auburnseeker said:

Looks way too much like a Nazi Staff car with the black walls.  

Might be good for touring on a day you're feeling slightly tutonic!

Beautiful car... I'm going to side with the blackwall tire camp.

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Ha ha suckers! :) In my driveway right now!  

Lincoln1.thumb.jpg.b674b9a3920278f7aac3434f475e4340.jpg

Drives rather well and is probably better than Tom suggests. A good car about to become a great one with a few tweaks and upgrades. Thanks, Tom!

PS: Whitewalls are staying--I agree with the Nazi staff car comment above.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Smiley face indeed  !!! Very happy for both of you great guys, Matt and Tom ! I know that with your incomparable writing and photographic skills, Matt, that you will make VIRTUAL  shotgun riding a REAL pleasure for all of your grateful readers here assembled. WOW !!!!    -   Carl 

Lincoln’s are way under appreciated, great drivers, and this car looks better than 80 percent of whatever I see posted here. If I wasn’t living in Florida I would have driven over to Tom’s place to take a shot at this car. CCCA V-12Club Sedan for very reasonable money. Drive it for five years and it owes you zero. Nothing but fun and good times. Enjoy the car Matt........I think it’s a great machine. ? 

• Like 2

The people who think that prewar cars aren't selling are the people who wouldn't buy one themselves.

It's called transference, I think, where you transfer your feelings to represent everyone's feelings.

In other words, "I don't like brass cars, so no one likes brass cars" or "I don't like prewar cars, so no one likes pre war cars".....

Yes, an psyche major could argue that's not the exact definition, but regardless, that's what's happening....

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Sounds ominous. Sorry to see this, I was enjoying your enthusiasm and your detailed posts. I hope it all works out for you.

That goes for me, too.  Whatever the problem, Matt, I hope you can work it out.

Yes, guys. I am sure Matt will handle this and let us know. As so many of Matt's friends here have done, I sent a sympathy P.M. to him. Matt is a very fine, ethical, responsible member, and I hope other people involved in this are too. Let's give it a little time.  -  Carl