Body Tag 1938 Buick Century 4 Door Trunkback

philipj

Hello there,

Bit of a long shot, but maybe someone can help with this... I am trying to locate a body tag for my 1938 Buick Century. Please see the photos below for reference:

1938 MOD. 61

STYLE Nr- 38-4619

Body Nr-  Any number will do

TRIM Nr- 409 (Beige Bedford Cord Interior)

PAINT Nr- 515 (Rembrandt Black)

The first photo is exactly what I need. The second photo is a better image, almost exact, except for the letter L (Body #) and missing #6, for a vehicle with side mounts (upper right near rivet hole) Thank you.

1938 Buick Century Body Tag A.jpg

DSC_0797.thumb.JPG.03bf424e9eef1e6bf1e2fd081b66be0c.JPG

Edited by philipj (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone please provide the dimensions of this tag in mm? Please also include the mounting hole diameter... Exploring the possibility of having it reproduced since I cannot find one anywhere... Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found someone now that will make these tags for $145.00 US plus shipping. I will post a sample photo as soon as I have it available. I am told that the cost could go as low as $125 depending on the volume... 

Please see the photos of the new (almost finished) tag. This will be for me, so it will have a model 61 and the letter 6 to the side for spare mounted vehicle. If you need them made to your specific model series you may contact Robert directly here: https://dataplates4u.com/

Thank you.

New Data Tag Century....jpg

New Data Tag Century....jpg a.jpg

Century Data Plate.jpg

1938 Buick Century Body Tag A.jpg

Edited by philipj (see edit history)