390 Car Collection plus parts, Medford Oregon area

NOT MINE

390 Car Collection plus parts.
 47 car barn find. 343 in the field.
mix of car makes, but the collector (not the video narrator) was big into early v8 fords, and convertibles.
watch the youtube video as the narrator is walking around the property viewing cars in barns, cars in sheds, cars in fields, car bodies stacked, parts in containers, parts in the barn. why so many repo 34 ford roadster body parts ? 

it goes on and on.
 photos below are are taken from his video, some of them a little blurry. there is a lot more in the video !
narrator says he is working on inventory and prices for remaining cars and will add to the youtube video

2 of these cars are listed on craigslist.

1937 Packard Project Car. One of 390 Project Cars Near Medford - $3800 (Rogue Valley Oregon)
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1937-packard-project-car-one/6526381926.html

1940 Cadillac LaSalle 4 Door Barn Find. Part of a 390 Car Collection - $9500 (Rogue Valley Oregon)
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1940-cadillac-lasalle-4-door/6526383558.html

watch this video of the hoard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzIYtkqlGBI

cars in pasture-1.jpg

cars in pasture-2.jpg

cars in pasture-3.jpg

34 ford open car - trunk racks.jpg

34 ford roadster body.jpg

34 ford roadster quarter panels.jpg

decklids.jpg

doors.jpg

ford coupe body-1.jpg

ford grilles.jpg

grilles.jpg

ford roadster repo body.jpg

So when he was asked do you sale any parts for these  .His answer was funny .

Has it always been the market being so flooded  with old cars . I would love to run to Tennessee to that museum with all the old 1914-13-12  Buicks  for sale road trip ?? Or here in Oregon . right -- kyle

Edited by sligermachine
spelling . (see edit history)

Strange way to promote it. I can easily see the rough cars but he's talking about how nice this or that car is as he walks by but they are covered up. I would think if you are putting in the effort to video all these "nice" cars, you would uncover them for the walk through. Hard to justify a cross country trip to an auction after seeing half a wheel well.

That's a lot of cars. His craigslist adds are interesting, the La Salle seems to be priced reasonably . The Packard however appears to be on the pricy side for a semi- basket case sedan.  Is it a unusually rare or desirable model ?  I can't imagine how long it would take to "liquidate" a collection of this size.

Greg in Canada

I am overwhelmed.

I suspect that the owner wants to retire off of this stuff, but the effort wont be worth it.

I would think an auction would be the way to go.

This kind of stuff is showing up because the hoarder is to old to deal with it. Just like his target audience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JACK M said:

I am overwhelmed.

I suspect that the owner wants to retire off of this stuff, but the effort wont be worth it.

This kind of stuff is showing up because the hoarder is to old to deal with it. Just like his target audience.

With THAT much "stuff" an auction is the ONLY way to go.

If the owner is worried about auctioneer commissions he'll DIE before it's half sold AND have to put up with X number of whiners and tire kickers.

With an auction when a buyer buys an honestly represented article that is THE END....... :D

I wonder if he has any provenance for the Lombard Packard? That could be interesting. She was with the Sennett Studios in 1928 so she probably could have afforded the car at the time.

There are a dozen homes here in Palm Springs that lay claim to being the Gable/Lomard honeymoon home, but most of it is simply urban legend.

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I've known Don Babb for quite sometime, he seemed intelligent, gentle, soft spoken knowledgeable man amongst other things. I live here in Palmdale CA, he also used to live here. and still has a yard or two filled of parts and cars. Yes most of the cars and parts did come from this area dry desert and he was stamping plenty ford parts from time to time. ford model A and pickups and so fourth. I've seen hundreds of parts laying around his yards both repo and originals. most of the cars were taken up to Oregon from California over the years. so they are in pretty good shape. cars and parts very solid. but in order to get any was like pulling teeth with him for a while. I think he thought he was going to live forever. never the less he was always friendly and direct from my personal experience of him. thanks, Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the sale.

Nothing has happened!

The photographer's computer went to the great graveyard in the sky. After bringing it to the great wizard, he got back most of his stuff.

Then... he got the flu bug that sent him to the depths of hell for a while.

Soon he will get back to work on the sale.

(reported in his last video Mar 26, 2018)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, JACK M said:

I am overwhelmed.

Looks somewhat familiar, huh? Glad my father’s collection was much smaller and things were in better condition. 

Give the guy a call and see if he will sell the front drums.

From what I remember the drums fit several years and are not specific to the Skyliner.

Then just have to hope they are better than the ones you have.

• 5 months later...