Sign in to follow this  
Nomadness

Repro Batteries

Has anybody else been a victim of companies selling Reproduction batteries. I sent my Repro Tar Top Battery back to a certain company for a replacement and have been getting the run around since last November. Lots of excuses if you can ever get someone to answer the phone. They won't answer emails. I have invested nearly $350 in a battery I don't have. There were some posts about how people have been taken but it seems that if you mention a Companies name the post can get deleted. Just a word of caution for anyone considering buying a Repro Battery, do some research and check online reviews before investing your money...

Edited by Nomadness (see edit history)

Yes, numerous people wrote about problems with that

(unnamed) company--unanswered calls, money sent but

nothing received, a package "lost," rude and arrogant treatment

from the owners.  And it seems like they have been

the only source, since other sellers got their authentic-looking

batteries from them.

• Like 1

According to the BBB they are out of business.  https://www.bbb.org/youngstown/business-reviews/battery-manufacturers/antique-auto-battery-in-youngstown-oh-20003207

100’s of complaints out there just do a search. They are always at Spring Carlisle with a decent selection of all types of batteries. Interesting to see if they are there this year.  

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 11:21 PM, Nomadness said:

Has anybody else been a victim of companies selling Reproduction batteries. ..............

Mr. Green is using the proper procedure to alert buyers without causing the club liability issues. Please message each other for actual company names.

Thanks,

Wayne

• Like 1