29 Hupp throttle and timing advance linkage

29hupp

Unfortunately my 29 Hupp I bought 50 years ago and just started to restore last year did not come with any linkage that comes off of the bottom of the steering column to control the timing advance or throttle.   The timing advance piece appears to be easy to duplicate from a few vague pictures.  The linkage to control the throttle is a different story.  I am quite certain it connects to the bell crank assembly under the gas peddle. Can someone please send me some pictures of what this linkage should look like.  Also I have the steering column off to make a new bottom piece and am trying to get the steering wheel off to refinish it.  Is there a trick to getting it off.  I have tried loosening the nut and lightly tapping with a brass rod. 

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

I really appreciate the response and pictures but my Hupp is a 6 cylinder and the carburetor is on the opposite side of the engine from the steering column.   The 3rd picture I posted is on the engine side of the firewall.   The movement of the arm on the end of the steering column swings in an arc perpendicular to the engine block.  It seems as there should be a bell crank  assembly somewhere to convert the motion parallel to the block and then a rod going up to the gas peddle bell crank.  I have the gas peddle functioning but not the throttle linkage to the steering column.   The car is also a USA version not British. 

Steve,

Thanks for the high quality drawings.   I see that the 24 used a bell crank which is what I suspect the 29 uses but cannot see where it would be mounted.   I would hope that as many 29 A's there are out there someone could post a couple pictures. 

Dick Arnett

Edited by 29hupp (see edit history)