Vacuum port at EGR?

AZVET

Talking with a hot rod shop owner at breakfast today and discussing the Teves braking system.  The mechanic tells me that he could change the system over to the stock GM style power brakes if I ever needed to do this.  He said that he would need to find a vacuum source in order to do the job.

I did a Google search and found where some owners have tapped into the EGR to find this vacuum port.

I looked at my 1988's EGR valve and don't see where this port is.

Does anyone here know?  I am not looking to change over as I now have a supply of spare Teves components "just in case".

I also have a question about the plastic cover for the EGR valve.  What is the secret to removing this brittle part without breaking it (as I just did!)?

On 2018-03-10 at 2:15 PM, AZVET said:

Talking with a hot rod shop owner at breakfast today and discussing the Teves braking system.  The mechanic tells me that he could change the system over to the stock GM style power brakes if I ever needed to do this.  He said that he would need to find a vacuum source in order to do the job.

I did a Google search and found where some owners have tapped into the EGR to find this vacuum port.

I looked at my 1988's EGR valve and don't see where this port is.

Does anyone here know?  I am not looking to change over as I now have a supply of spare Teves components "just in case".

I also have a question about the plastic cover for the EGR valve.  What is the secret to removing this brittle part without breaking it (as I just did!)?

Already did. Even the abs. Only issue is the abs light stays on bc coding on the e&c buss. 

I used the 91 system with no issues.  But you need the pedal or weld an extention on the original.