alsfarms

Locomobile Parts Department "Wanted"

On 3/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, alsfarms said:

I need a few misc. early Locomobile parts.  If you also need Locomobile parts of any vintage or type, please post here.

Al

I am trying to restore an locomobile that is missing many parts.  At the present I am trying to figure out what and where did it have an "air pump".  Any ideas?  Thanks Mick  maehayes@centurytel.net 

• Like 1

Hello Mickey,  What year and Model is your car?  That will help us to help you.  Do you have the bulk of the big stuff, engine, trans., chassis?  The later Locomobiles actually did have an air pump to provide pressure to feed the fuel system to the carb.  Some cars were fitted with a Kellogg air compressor that could be engaged to help with flat tire repairs.  Pictures of your project are also helpful.  Where are you located?  Lets see if we can help you out.

Regards,

Al

Edited by alsfarms
clairty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I would like to source another of these fuel pressure regulators.  Have you got a spare or know of one?

Al

DSC01910.JPG

• Like 1

Here is another view from original literature of the fuel pressure regulator.

Al

GetAttachmentThumbnail (2).jpg

• Like 1

I am looking for any Locomobile or literature collector, that may have a duplicate or original of the 1909-1910 Model 30 and 40 instruction book.  I am missing some of the middle pages in my original and would like to make copies so I have the information I am missing.  Please look in your literature collection and see if you can help me out.  See the attached picture of the cover.

Al

DSC02022.JPG

• Like 1

Does anyone have a spare flywheel off a mid teens Locomobile 48?  Or one that could be used to recast one?

Al

• Like 1

I am looking for a late series Locomobile 48 cylinder jug.  If you have one or know of one, please drop me a note.

Al

• Like 1

Here is three pictures of the type of Locomobile jug that I need to complete a set and eventually an engine build.

Picture 1

AF1QipOEQ-qMK0VuiurDE_IsIt6v7MW2bDYPcB3IDr2y=s512-p-qv=pni7vg0q846fm70j8rfhjvof7op9q0lkg,m=81dbfb1a1ef31da27e85eef301a32a5c,x=,t=25-iv5386.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone have specific parts needs for the Locomobile in the shop?  This is a good place to start your hunt!

Al

• Like 1

I am looking for your loose Locomobile script gauges, either black face or silver.  What have you got that is not intended for a car.

Al

• Like 1

Everyone should be safely back from what I understand was a good Hershey.  Did you locate and procure any nice Locomobile parts?  It would be nice to share, with the rest of us, your successful hunt for your Locomobile "Parts Wanted". 

Al

• Like 1

On the topic of spare parts, I need a spare valve spring for my 1920 model 48. Just discovered a broken spring and need to replace it. I could also use a replacement fuel tank air pressure gauge. Any help would be very much appreciated!

• Like 2

Locomobile Wanted:  Wanted  to buy for late teens or early twenties car......1917 Locomobile Book of Instruction, script Locomobile oil presssure gauge, script amp meter, top saddles that hold the folded top to the rear body section,  german silver stop light housing, glass and bezel for lamp at rear of front seat, radiator, german silver windshield frame, other misc. parts. Call Stewart at 413-519-4262 or email saterrien@comcast.net

Good Morning Locojohn,

You may want to get a new valve spring wound for replacement of your broken spring.  I will check as I may have a used one if you desire used.  Could you please post a picture of pressure gauge you are missing.  I assume that you need a black faced gauge?  I may have one,  I will need to check.   Do you happen to have any spare or loose Locomobile parts?  Send me a PM.

Al

How are you Stewart.  Here is a factory photo of my 1909 Locomobile.

Al

DSC01515.JPG

• Like 2

I would like to bring a previous posting back up for consideration.  Please look up at the April 18 posting.  It shows the cover of a Locomobile  Instruction manual.  This manual is correct for a 1909-1910 Locomobile Model I (chain drive) and Model L (first shaft drive).  I am missing a few pages from the middle of this manual and would like to get copies of these missing pages and complete this instruction manual.  I would then be willing to have this book duplicated and made available to other owners of Model I and Model L cars.  Help me if you can, we early Locomobile owners will all be benefited.

Al

40 years after I bought it from Austin Clark at one of his Iron Range Days at his L.I. Automotive Museum I am cleaning and polishing the radiator shell for a 1916-18 era Locomobile. I was very happy to recently buy a script for the radiator core ( thank you Tim) and now seek to buy a radiator cap for the filler neck. It does not have to be a perfect original but something that will work and screw into the filler neck that I can then perhaps mount one of my period mascots on. The radiator and shell will go on display in my garage next to my collection of automobilia once I make a base to mount it on to make it easier to move around. NO I do not want to sell the radiator and shell that I just mentioned. I believe that that the radiator cap that was originally fitted was a combination of materials - bakelite and metal, I would be happy to be able to screw in something that would work and be made to look reasonably period in appearance, it does not have to be an original cap

Thanks

Walt

• Like 1

Hello Walt,

I have a good pattern for the Bakelite part of a Locomobile radiator car and am in process of getting a couple of these cast up.  Could you confirm what the OD of the threads are and the pitch?  A new brass insert should be built, with the proper thread, and then the Bakelite shell be epoxied in place.

Al

Wanted to Buy:  Mid teens to mid twenties Locomobile parts for my 1917 Locomobile

. Looking to purchase Westinghouse generator Model #521, speedometer cable, tonneau light bezel and glass, top bow rest(s).  front license plate bracket, radiator, rear spare tire latch,  27" wheels.  Call Stewart at 413-519-4262 or email saterrien@comcast.net.  Thanks!

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

1917 loco.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_6196.JPG

• Like 1

Hello Stewart,

What is the issue with the shown Westinghouse generator?  Can it be rebuilt?  Per the bezel you are missing, I would consider either having a new one spun to fit you casing or simply have one machined on a lathe to fit.  (Locate and purchase a suitable clear or frosted lens first).  To get an exact match for the top rest, that may require some patience and scrounging.  You may end up as a pattern and casting shop.  Others here can certainly help with the hunt.

Al

PM sent

Hello Al,

The bearings on the generator are frozen, and yes it can probably be rebuilt, but it might be more cost effective to find a good used one. I am not sure exactly what the bezel and glass should be so that'w why I would like to find a "real" one if possible........same for the top bow rest.  If someone lends me one I could have a couple of them made.  Appreciate your interest in helping me.  Thanks.

Stewart

• Like 1

Needed. 1916 48. New gasket for fuel air pump. I thought someone was making these.

Appreciate any ideas.

Johnny

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

• Like 1