Locomobile Parts Department "For Sale"

alsfarms

If you happen to frequent this Locomobile forum area and plan to attend Hershey, please consider posting what you see or find here, Locomobile related, so those at Hershey might be able to network and help out other Locomobile owners who can not attend.

Al

• 5 weeks later...

I will be selling a very solid set of 4 late series Locomobile 48 wood wheels.  These wheels still have most of the original paint on them.  I also have the factory original rear Firestone rims and rings.  I have a lead on a pair of correct Firestone rims for the front.  This is your chance to replace those weak wheels you may have on your old original Locomobile with absolute factory original pieces or to use on that future project you are saving parts for.  Pictures will be posted later.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a few Stutz parts from the late Stephen P. Dean collection and included in the parts are some, what I believe to be, Locomobile parts. Steve did own a model 48 Locomobile which I believe these parts fit. Please let me know if you can identify and can use.

First pictures are of 6 valve caps. Look to have been re chromed. 12 tpi and all threads look good. Stamped with part number  (?) - 10677.

Next pictures are of a Bosh ignition switch. Not sure if the three part go together or not but were in the same box.

Thanks

Ken

20211114_073938.jpg

20211114_074005.jpg

20211114_074405.jpg

20211114_074515.jpg

20211114_074447.jpg

On 11/14/2021 at 5:29 PM, kbeach said:

Purchased a few Stutz parts from the late Stephen P. Dean collection and included in the parts are some, what I believe to be, Locomobile parts. Steve did own a model 48 Locomobile which I believe these parts fit. Please let me know if you can identify and can use.

First pictures are of 6 valve caps. Look to have been re chromed. 12 tpi and all threads look good. Stamped with part number  (?) - 10677.

Next pictures are of a Bosh ignition switch. Not sure if the three part go together or not but were in the same box.

Thanks

Ken

20211114_073938.jpg

20211114_074005.jpg

20211114_074405.jpg

20211114_074515.jpg

20211114_074447.jpg

Dear Ken,

I like to comment on the valve caps which you have shown. The numbers "10377" are not the spare part number but the engine number. Unfortunately they have been ground a lot for re-chroming, otherwise you would see that there is also a one-digit-number stamped on the opposite side, which refers to the cylinder number to which this specific valve cap belongs to. Here are two examples: Engine number 13590, valve cap for cylinder number 5. Engine number 9824, valve cap for cylinder number 4.

The most interesting thing is: Your valve caps are obviously from a Locomobile 38 which in now in Great Britain and belongs to a friend of mine. This engine is number 10377. He uses his Locomobile for hill climbs and such events. He sais his car came from a museum in the USA, but he has no idea about the details. He wants to learn more about his cars history, and he liks to purchase the valve caps from you. How can he contact you? Best regards Frank

InkedIMG_2718_LI klein.jpg

9824 4 IMG_2661_LI.jpg

Hello Frank

Thank you very much for the information. I never thought about 10377 being the engine number but that makes perfect sense as I know that Pierce Arrow also used the car number on most of the running gear during the early years of production.

Have sent you a PM.

Ken

• Like 1

I have suggested, in the past, about a project to reproduce my desk top Vanderbilt Trophy radiator ornament.  This version can be correctly modified to be correct to mount on an actual radiator cap of your Locomobile.  Now is your opportunity to be a part of this project and procure a Vanderbilt Trophy ornament to display in your office as a conversation piece of for modification and installation on your Locomobile. PM me and we can discuss your interest.

Al

IMG_20211121_145155704.jpg.0951ddb2bc6767cd5ae7909b9542e42d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am near the position that I can determine the cost per each Vanderbilt Radiator ornament.  They will be available in either the style to mount to a radiator cap or slightly taller to be a desk top ornament. This picture shown above is a taller desk top version and is 4" tall.  The radiator ornament is 3" tall.  If you have an interest in one of these Locomobile curios, drop me a PM soon as I have been told they could be available shortly after the start of the new year.  Yes, they will come, via the lost wax method to maintain the trophy details and cast in Silicon Bronze.  This alloy is strong and can be polished or takes plating extremely well, Nickel, Silver or Gold.  The final finish will be up to you.

Al

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am selling this 1915 Model 38 engine for parts. $900

It is as found and has had parts removes in it's past as you can see.

The number 9408, falls is the 1915 Model year so if you are ambitious and have a source for lots of parts you may want to save it.

Your call!

For clarity, nothing under the engine or in the back round is part of this add!

image.jpeg.6d5c92639fd69f96a9c48b22e5883a10.jpegimage.jpeg.70a2b977da33cb1ad3abe7de12c6d379.jpegimage.jpeg.3dd785b503ed0d9ca11d025db73bc4f3.jpegimage.jpeg.c5361658eecae5fb6d163fd25070331d.jpegimage.jpeg.5de56dc55396e886818dfb38ce0b8204.jpeg

• Like 1

I will have the workings of a late series 48 clutch available but don't think I have a spare flywheel at the moment.  It would be good for anyone checking out your raw 38 engine to know what might be out there that could help this one.  Patterns for jugs are out there but are 48 not 38, it may help to research and see if they could be made to fit and build a hopped up 38.  I didn't think the dual port jugs were available in 1915, I thought that was a 1918 thing?  Does anyone know for sure.  Does this engine have the pan?  This engine is certainly what dreams are made of!  Are you in the middle of the snow belt we have seen on the news?

Al

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the physical difference is between the bolt holes for mounting a flywheel between a 38 and 48 would be.  If I were pursuing this available 38 engine to build a speedster around, I suspect that more 48 flywheels might be laying around than 38's. I do not think the missing flywheel would be a hold up if I were interested. I have a spare Helleshaw clutch assembly that could be used for this application, with even a new machined flywheel.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)

I have for sale a few items that would work well to incorporate into a speedster project. These parts are: 

1- early Timken front axle (with a dip in the middle similar to the early Locomobile design)

2- early Timken 3 speed midship mounted transmission and shifter assembly

3- robust three speed transaxle for a chain drive application 

4- 24" Houk wire wheels, hubs and caps

5- inquire, I may have other parts good for building a speedster.

If interested in any of these parts, send a PM with your inquiry.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some of the spare parts that I collected over the years of my Model 48 ownership. No longer needed and they are looking for a new home. Please PM if any interest.

Thanks for looking, Ben

P7300020.JPG

P7300019.JPG

P7300013.JPG

P7300021.JPG

• Like 1

I am in need of a radiator cap for my 1913 Locomobile. Bakelite, external threads (brass insert under the bakelite). threaded section is about 2 1/8” diameter. Please email me or call if you one available.

Tom

tomlee72@mac.com

610-212-5047

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,

I am still looking for the 32 packard you posted this:

I'm not up to speed on my Packard parts so forgive me if I'm wrong but I have a Packard engine and trans in a crate here in TX man who had it was a huge collector and I'm not really sure what I hace send me a msg and I'll give you my phone number

I do not rate high enough to private message you or anybody on the  forum.

So I I guess I will try this route even though it has been a long time.

please advise purpledusty@suddenlink.net