Locomobile Parts Department "For Sale"

alsfarms

Hello Terry,

Like your other projects, It will be nice to see how you complete the Mitchell radiator cap project which is so very similar to  the Locomobile cap I need to make.  I need to spend some time on the phone with someone from the Smooth-on company and learn for myself what materials are best to use for my application.

Al

• 5 months later...

New exact reproduction of the oil fill funnel for the Locomobile. These are beautiful coated brass.

Measure 4" tall and 4"s wide. Mounts to your crankcase breather tube. Price $300.00 plus shipping.

Contact Rick Britten, 269-979-3928. Michigan

car thing 1.JPG

car thing.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here is another offering from the same vendor in Washington State.  These hubcaps really look nice!  I think this hubcap would be proper for any Locomobile up to 1913 and maybe 1914.  I do know, from the listed measurement, this cap will fit the front wheels but NOT the rear.  So, if you are thinking of putting some nice new hubcaps on your Locomobile you would need two of these and two larger OD rear hubcaps that have the raised boss to connect with the rear axle and hold it in place.   I will check with the vendor and see if  he has the pattern for the correct CAST rear hubcap for the same vintage Locomobile.  I was hoping the picture  would be larger, check out the EBAY auction for this Locomobile  hubcap.

Al

image.png.ac0d4f0be8a70a8b26abcf1ecdd3d85a.png

Edited by alsfarms
addition for clarity (see edit history)

Hello Ben, Nice third member rear cover!  I wonder what caused the crack damage?  Maybe a gear failure?  Maybe water freezing?  I am surprised that this piece looks very similar  to a Timken unit cover.  Is this cover yours?  How much are you wanting for the cover?  Maybe someone is looking for this exact piece to complete a 50 year restoration.  🙂  Do you have any other loose pieces?

Al

Hello Alan,

Questions 1 -  6, I don't know, I don't know,  I don't know, Yes, Probably would sell it but ??. no other gas Locomobile parts as my last Locomobile sidelight I traded for some Maxwell pieces in Utah.

Okay Alan, what year is the rear axle cover?  I can't find any pictures on-line of the back ends of Locomobiles.  

Ben

• Like 1

Hello Ben, I am not sure of the year of the third member cover, but would guess pre 1920.  Do you mind if I re-post the picture over on the 38-48 chat forum?  Maybe one of those guys can fill in the blanks as to application and year.  Do you know what material the  cover is made out of?  Your Locomobile light provided me the donor chimney that I needed to complete a set of Locomobile script side and tail lights for my project.  Thanks again!

Al

If you have not taken a look, on the main for sale forum here on the AACA website, take a look and you will see a later model Locomobile 38 chassis and engine for sale.  It does merit a look or two as not many Locomobile projects are left in the wild.  I hope this group of parts will find a buyer and a caring new owner.

Al

Edited by alsfarms (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I have not heard of much in the way of Locomobile parts being made available at Hershey or other Swap meets this year, (being available for sale).  Does anyone here know otherwise?  I have only seen a few serious items on EBAY being listed for sell that are directly for Locomobiles. 

Al 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am getting set to embark on a couple of Locomobile parts duplication projects.  They include, (but not necessarily limited too) the following as shown in the pictures.  If you have an interest in any of these items, or have other small parts that you would like to have replicated, please speak up.  The more Locomobile owners taht are helped with a joint venture, the better for everyone.

Al

5ZrAF5NvmKijsfZ3oIziNMv852QWWX7qTq-MTyZpvGPxGCENqGOKSnsilXeMkyt-vWtMAPXZ20UUgBBZfa7fy5JoSLB6d04sCb78gO1xqVfoAYyPucnwXmo7yNXwrkq8EQzXPKqYzw=w1214-h910-no.jpg

DSC01786.JPG

DSC01778.JPG

• 1 month later...

For your general information, I am set to start the duplication process on the three Locomobile items above.  Number one is the trade mark tag, Number two is the Serial tag and Number three is a threshold.  If you think you have a need now or will be needing a copy of any of these tags in the future, contact me and I can include the pieces you need in this project.

Al

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 5:40 PM, ak said:

Threshold piece is not correct for model 30.  I have what I believe to be correct plates. They were embossed by a press not a casting.  I was trying to have them laser etched to get the embossed look.

JR

20181223_105743.jpg

Hello John,

I am not sure that thresholds were a tightly controlled and released item per model or year.  What are the dimensions of this piece you have?  Could you post a picture of the back side of your piece?    Are you lucky enough to have a pair of these?  You may find a few other Locomobile owners who would potentially share in a project to get them reproduced.  I have several sets of the smaller threshold I have spoken for.  The replicated thresholds and other pieces should be just about ready to ship.

Al 

Update on the new casting project, pictured above, that has been in place for a while.  These new parts are one, The Locomobile Trade Mark" tag; two the serial number tag, and three is the narrow Locomobile script threshold plate.  The update is this, these parts will be available for those who have them on order in a week.  I did order some extra pieces so if you have a need, drop me a PM.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Recast parts update....       GOOD NEWS!

I have, in hand, the three recast Locomobile pieces shown above.  For comparison, please check out the attached pictures of the new castings.  They turned out very nice!  I did order a few extra pieces of each so if you have a current or future need, now is your chance.  Those who respond here have first chance before I list the extra pieces on EBAY.

Al

ACtC-3d9VhfQuhsERyOaBbie7J6Tn8T0OGI3qy1V3r0oiX3Z7YTxsIxfArHKIbO4D88sxydSxhqcEV9stLxo6TS5-OORTN704W1CrQmXCoaiqNcqw8YktuciJ-riRfqksH6l494KpNqiktCZp4WFWW8MDg47=w1214-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3fc37qLj2UhWDHrm_XPXSWhEqEQrzfk_fZNJEXcumY6ChgMtrobHanSOaBtccVvxCauIGjAigcYZeHupBLGLyVeKZm8elkpMjYtYP0zMdf1AyfKj8PvKTL3aAxNLqBO4UE_Vo4WWFnlMvtfArTYFxOU=w683-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3dEnNGvJ7kuZSpmidwLFp3iE5Yaow2LTcH629MU6-lPsKdpnsttus-WHLNiOp4db9R0SfcDF_5RiZq_q6vgHfwCUaMMVLYrHU-OjNT-OPJMVF6C-YWrF2tWjuTmlj374oZMvOLIX9sy-J_6EKtAUHrl=w683-h910-no.jpg

• 2 months later...

Check out the early Locomobile items posted by Locomman regarding some of his spare pieces.  I can think of a few early Locomobiles in process and hope those parts can help assemble another.  He hints more Locomobile pieces may be coming, that gets our interest up!

Al 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I am currently having several of the spare tire brackets recast, for use on my Locomobile Model L, with extras.  They are sized for a 4-1/2" or 5" tire, (bigger than found on small Buicks or Model T Fords.  If you are in need of brass side mount brackets for a current of future project send me a PM. (I don't know the cost yet but will update when I know).

Al

ACtC-3c0r4PI2s-AnOgcZwrviXPIuC59wG53g02NVO7ouBXC5VNRXL1bc4ojigOtdGYccWncIyzZn3YR2mBNUGQIoQS9wL_mXKSYHKiFDofIOe_l0OVArIX8kIZ85Fu1kmFbH4iKU8Z0lTgDa9cE5AlQZhiT=w683-h910-no.jpg

• 6 months later...

I will be in the process of duplicating Locomobile Model L steering quadrant pieces.  I believe they are the same for most of the other models also.  If you may be in need, contact me shortly.  I will attach a picture for your reference.

Al

IMG_20210710_072334120.jpg.a0d900ba6aca85972fd4eea21076572b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...