1966 PCV valve grommet, 390 cid engine

Can anyone tell me where to find a correct sized grommet for this engine, year, car?  The ones in the part stores are "universal" meaning they are universally useless.  The grommet for the PCV valve needs to fit the valve head tight so it won't leak vacuum for one thing.  The opening of the hole in the valve head is 1 1/4".  the groove in a PCV valve grommet will need to have that diameter.  I've found the correct width  grommets (for the groove) but not with the correct diameter.

I would start looking around the restoration outlets, CJPonyParts, Macs, West Coast Classic Cougar, DeadNutsOn, and so on, and see if you can find one that matches. You would be amazed what is available in reproduction these days.

I am guessing Ford no longer has it. Did you try?

I agree that the universal ones are useless. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I did find the correct one from Concours Thunderbird parts out of Nevada.  They also have a Galaxie catalog, but does not list the grommet for the 390 there, but for small block Ford engines.  Anyway, what I got fits and works perfectly.  Have the car back and running properly with brakes and tranny now that I got the vacuum system running correctly again.