NC-car-guy

1954 banker's hot rod

2 minutes ago, 2carb40 said:

The bottom bellhousing bolt holes are closer to bottom for the 322" with large trans. Lemme know if you need more measurements, but if you still have the Spec trans and your large trans, length should match.

Sweet.  So the 264 and the 1954 5-bolt trans are going away.  I have a 1956 322 that's going in it. Sounds like it should all fit in fairly well.

• Like 1

Kinda tricky figuring out which models trans were what lengths! Two different driveshaft lengths '55 to go with different size cars, 55 Spec/Cent = same. 55 Sup/Roadie=same. Two different Dyna lengths 55 Sup/Roadie 1" approx longer than 55 Spec/Century and same length as 56 dyana all, so 1956 bolts right in 55 "large" series cars. 1956 driveshaft lengths all same as are dynas. To solve mystery of 55/56 stick trans same length. Side by side measurement tells the tale so ya don't end up with the come and go bluues. Bolt your 56 stick to the bell and put it next to your 55 spec trans bolted to a bell! Be sure to posts results! Expiring minds wanna know!

On 4/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

Sweet.  So the 264 and the 1954 5-bolt trans are going away.  I have a 1956 322 that's going in it. Sounds like it should all fit in fairly well.

Let me know what you find with the 5-bolt.

• Like 1

Well the time has come.  This weekend I'll be traveling to pick up the car!  Can't wait.  If anyone has anything that needs a ride to Georgia let me know.  I'll be pretty heavily loaded on the way back as I have a parts stop to make too!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

no banker would run side pipes..............

No rules, no limits, just fun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Well the time has come.  This weekend I'll be traveling to pick up the car!  Can't wait.

Bush hogged the  field in front of the car so unless we get a bunch of rain you should be able to back right up to her. Worse case we can use my 4 wheel drive.

Don't forget to bring the rocks for the beverages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, MrEarl said:

Bush hogged the  field in front of the car so unless we get a bunch of rain you should be able to back right up to her. Worse case we can use my 4 wheel drive.

Don't forget to bring the rocks for the beverages.

No Cuban coffe and a cigar?

thats weak!

• Like 1

Always a true, true pleasure to have Matt and his sidekick Mike visit and stay over at the Gardens. And happy to see another ‘54 going home with him as I know it will be appreciated and taken well care of.

Thanks again for the purchase Yung Mi! 

482FBFE4-EE4A-40F9-91DB-0383D83AA74E.jpeg

D9D79A0E-6D89-48BD-A0B2-0BBB3A2594C3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know if already has a name, I have seen few characters since the Barney days but that mean purple thing reminds me of “Ursula”

3299AF82-EE4E-4147-BBAD-8EC9EC82E3AF.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Elpad said:

No Cuban coffe and a cigar?

thats weak!

Half right...

8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Half right...

Mr Earl. Would you rather have the cigar or the Buick?

2F4CD583-A98A-4182-80A7-67D7EB6F29F5.jpeg

Ben, you would definitely like getting us in trouble.. don’t you? I won’t answer that, but thought about it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On September 9, 2018 at 9:34 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

Thanks to @MrEarl  Rita and Elvis for the great hospitality!    Thanks @56buickinga for the fun cruise through the mountains and the reminder on yellow jackets!

I remember them being honey bees and I tried to include them as part of the package deal I was setting up for you.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

How do the mice like Durham? 

I've not checked on them.  I doubt they'll like the hurricane, assuming they didn't leap to their death on I-85 somewhere.....

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

No rust through holes so I can’t imagine how they would leap,  except from maybe one of the open windows. Or maybe the drain hole in the tire well but they looked a bit fat to fit through that. 

• Haha 2