Cadillac script... what year?

dpcdfan

Hi All,

Got this Cadillac script from an estate I cleared out. Looked all over to find out which year or years this would fit but couldn't come up with anything, so I'm "phoning some friends" for an answer.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

1930s Cadillac Script2.jpg

1930s Cadillac Script3.jpg

1930s Cadillac Script4.jpg

• 2 years later...

Would you still have this by chance?  I am heading up a 1946 Series 62 Cadillac restoration for the WV Railroad Museum and looking for a set of these for the car.  This car was converted in 1956 by the WMRY to run on the railroad tracks only.  I can send you some pictures if you are interested.  Long history on this car and we are still learning every day.  Hoping to set it back on the rails next Friday if we can get most of it together.

Bryan Totten

304-678-9067

BTotten@mac.com

873967E8-ABEE-4B6F-B32B-1C0C320365D5.jpeg

Edited by WMRY # 6 1946 Cadillac (see edit history)

1946 Cadillac Series 62 4 door sedan bought new by the WMRY and driven by the Vice President for 10 years.  In 1956, converted by the WMRY Shops in Cumberland Maryland to run on the rails as a inspection car.  Front axle was replaced with a solid I beam axle possibly from a 2-1/2 - 5 ton truck, rear axle housing was cut off and had truck spindles welded on to convert it to 2-1/2-5 ton truck hubs with cast spoke wheels.  Rear frame rails were narrowed to accommodate the big wheels.  Lots of other mods made to.  Steering wheel was removed, however steering shaft with column shifter is still there.  Car still sports the 346 Flathead V8 and Hydromatic transmission both of which have been rebuilt.

Cart is owned by the WVRR Museum in Elkins, WV and will be back on the rails soon.  

Any help or donations towards restoration would be appreciated.  Check them out on Facebook.

Yikes!

I saw those wheels and immediately thought street rod. 😲

I have never heard, how well does an automobile ride on a train track?  I think some RR autos are supported by rubber, but this thing would be metal on metal.  Thinking that it would be noisy and harsh. 

This is the beginning of what they now call Hy-Rail Vehicles which can run on either the highway or rails.  These old vehicles typically roads pretty well on the rails, considering that you had splices every 30' in the rails.  Clickety Clack, Clickety Clack.  These run like a dragster, perfectly straight just like it was on rails. LOL