1933 Buick Goddess Hood Ornament

pint4

Since I am not having much luck yet finding the amber lenses I am looking for, I guess I will ask if anyone has a 1933 Buick Goddess hood ornament for sale.  If you do, please Private Message me with more details.  Thank you.

WOW ! What car used a rooster apparently in aggressive fight mode ? Seems unusual (and VERY "cool") , probably a rooster standing tall and proudly crowing would be the first to come to the sculptor's mind ! I like this fighter !  Reminds me of a radio antenna topper ornament I flew on my Blazer 40 years ago.   - Carl 

16 minutes ago, C Carl said:

WOW ! What car used a rooster apparently in aggressive fight mode ? Seems unusual (and VERY "cool") , probably a rooster standing tall and proudly crowing would be the first to come to the sculptor's mind ! I like this fighter !  Reminds me of a radio antenna topper ornament I flew on my Blazer 40 years ago.   - Carl 

American Austin (1930-34 I think) used it and its modeled after a fighting Bantam Rooster - the car would become the Bantam in 35 or 36. From what I recall reading Bantam came up with the first Jeep for the war but was too small to produce enough giving Willy's and Ford the chance to cash in on those government contracts.

A few years ago there was a discussion about the other hood ornament design, picture attached, which is certainly genuine but has little to no known history. The Austin-Bantam club found a period picture of a car with this ornament on it but had no other information on it at the time.

Austin is a very interesting orphan car with great history - I apologize if I've hijacked the thread...

Rooster right-angle.jpg