Jump to content

1934 Dodge Eight Series DS Convertible Sedan


TomP
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looking for anything I can find on this model, most of what I have worked on so far has been Plymouth but recently I have made contact with a friend that has this DS Convertible in pieces and I am trying to help him. I have established that it is on 121" W/B and is a 4 door model with an extended trunk bulge possible extending 10/12"at the top giving a vertical rear panel. There is no windshield uprights or frame, the ragtop has almost fallen apart. The only photo I can find is the one below. I believ only 350 of these were ever made but would parts from other Chrysler cars fit. 

 

Thanks for you help.

dodge-ds-1934-2.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Certainly a car worth saving. If you can find other 34 parts cars, that’ll make the going smoother. I would try to contact owners through the Dodge club or WP Chrysler club for the best shot at it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my figures from Classic Car Database

 

Original Base Price$875.00

No. Produced350

Body

Body MakerDodge

No. Doors4

Passengers5

Model Number

Weight

Dimension

Wheelbase121 inches

 

Were there different body styles within the DS model as you would get under the Plymouth PE , I take it there is not a database similar to Tod's First Decade for Dodge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a DS that I don't know what to do with.

Of coarse I lost my notes on it but I think there was a couple of thousand of them.

Someone changed out the fenders so that it carries three spares.

post-121135-0-28776800-1447622272.jpg

post-121135-0-15714500-1447622296.jpg

post-121135-0-50998800-1447622211.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Jack 

Original Base Price$835.00

No. Produced1,397

Body MakerDodge

No. Doors4

Passengers5

Model Number

Weight

Dimension

Wheelbase121 inches                  Quite a handsome car but what an ugly rear panel no wonder someone put the extra spare on the back. Don't understand your comment that you don't know what to do with it, does it get a lot of use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never tried to start it.

The guy I got it from told me that he popped it off once by pouring gas into the carburetor.

I think the rear spare is the original one, If I am remembering correctly the front fenders have been changed.

I think I should sell it. The only reason I made a deal on it is because of its rarity.

I guess it doesn't cost anything to leave it parked, Its very complete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I have never tried to start it.

The guy I got it from told me that he popped it off once by pouring gas into the carburetor.

I think the rear spare is the original one, If I am remembering correctly the front fenders have been changed.

I think I should sell it. The only reason I made a deal on it is because of its rarity.

I guess it doesn't cost anything to leave it parked, Its very complete.

Interesting, if it turns ok no reason why it shouldn't start with a little work, most of what I've seen photo wise have had the side mounts, I don't have any Dodge literature to refer to. Wish I lived closer might have done a deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack. I don't see any sign of the sidemount hardware that goes into the cowl. Not even the holes for it. This car wouldn't have come with sidemounts. I like it a lot with the rear spare. If it were mine that's the way I'd leave it. I have a 34 coupe and a 34 conv. both Canadian model DT. They both have rear spares. I sold off the sidemount fenders I had collected to change them over. Glad I did!

Ken

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right, someone changed the fenders.

I do have all of the hardware for them, but none has ever been installed.

I prefer the looks of the side mounts, but would probably rather go back to regular fenders on this one.

However I don't really see this project in my future.

I would rather sell it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, KLF said:

Jack. I don't see any sign of the sidemount hardware that goes into the cowl. Not even the holes for it. This car wouldn't have come with sidemounts. I like it a lot with the rear spare. If it were mine that's the way I'd leave it. I have a 34 coupe and a 34 conv. both Canadian model DT. They both have rear spares. I sold off the sidemount fenders I had collected to change them over. Glad I did!

Ken

 

I have seen one Chrysler model that bracketed up from the frame rail to a false hub that didn't use side mount irons but I can't find the photo on my system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Right, someone changed the fenders.

I do have all of the hardware for them, but none has ever been installed.

I prefer the looks of the side mounts, but would probably rather go back to regular fenders on this one.

However I don't really see this project in my future.

I would rather sell it.

May I ask what you value yours at Jack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...