JohnD1956

What's your Dream Buick?

I don't know if we ever had this as a topic, but just for fun, what's your dream Buick.  Do not take budget into consideration.  For this thread, assume money is no objection.

Have some fun!

• Like 1

Just to season the thread, I'll say my dream Buick would be another 1966 GranSport, 4 Speed, with Factory A/C and bucket seats.  This one a convertible!  I used to have a hardtop in the late 70's early 80's but could not afford to restore it nor keep it fueled with the $1.60 per gallon gasoline.  Of all I've ever owned, I mourn for this one.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

For me, it has been and always will be a 1959 Invicta.   Fell in love with one back in the 80's while a teenager with a license in hand.   The slanted lights matching the same angle as the fins.  For a design that as I understand was put into production in a short amount of time just does it for me.       

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

1970 White GSX 4-speed with AC

but wait there's more, a '56 Century, '38 Any 2 door and a '65 GS 4 speed, I should look for my list from 20+ years ago!! LOL!

X2

• Like 1

Some years back,I winter stored a 1938 convertible coupe for a friend. When spring arrived I hated to see it go. I have to admit, it would be a toss up between a '38 Buick convertible coupe or a '40 Packard convertible coupe.

Jim

1940 Buick Special 40C (2).jpg

• Like 3

Mine would be a '49 Roadmaster sedanette with all the bells and whistles of the day. The epitome of Harley Earl styling in my mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Buick "Y" Job - even before I saw Jay Leno's Garage segment!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, J.H.Boland said:

Some years back,I winter stored a 1938 convertible coupe for a friend. When spring arrived I hated to see it go. I have to admit, it would be a toss up between a '38 Buick convertible coupe or a '40 Packard convertible coupe.

Jim

1940 Buick Special 40C (2).jpg

This one is up there on my list too.   Sweet choice!

OK, I'll Play. :)

My Dream Car "IS" a 1958 Buick Limited convertible.

While I have this Special rag top, I missed owning this specific Limited waaay back (before it was restored to this condition) because I didn't have anywhere near the 2,000.00 dollars it was being put up for sale at! :(:angry:

5a987d31858ae_CCF25042014_0002-Copy.thumb.jpg.c56cc97a537377184ff568310620c8d8.jpg

Lesson: When opportunity knocks at the door one had better answer it! 

• Like 4

I, too, would go with a '38 Century convertible coupe. Maybe a 33-34-35 80 or 90 Series open car of some sort. Or a just-right '65 Riviera GS, triple black of course.

• Like 3

I feel like I have such plain tastes!  I'd want a 55 small body, 4dr hardtop with all the options, fully restored, by someone else!  Second to that I really like the funky look of the 39's.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, alsancle said:

image.thumb.png.7558f2325f14fec92ba2a874425a5e05.png

Could help you out here John - this one is in a mates shed - 1934 96S.

Jeffs cars 007.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look left . . . (not my actual '68 5467, but one in the same model and color) "modern iron" BEFORE a lot of other things started happening to cars.  Great SweepSpear styling, clean lines, size, room, good performance with the 350  4bbl, stout THM400.  Just needs some TLC and some refreshes.  Looks good moving or standing still!  After putting the Delco gas shocks under it, it drives great and rides "solid" and firm.  One of these days  . . .

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dei said:

OK, I'll Play. :)

My Dream Car "IS" a 1958 Buick Limited convertible.

While I have this Special rag top, I missed owning this specific Limited waaay back (before it was restored to this condition) because I didn't have anywhere near the 2,000.00 dollars it was being put up for sale at! :(:angry:

5a987d31858ae_CCF25042014_0002-Copy.thumb.jpg.c56cc97a537377184ff568310620c8d8.jpg

Lesson: When opportunity knocks at the door one had better answer it! 

It took me a while to like the 58. When I did like it, falling in love with it took no time at all.  The flank of this beauty is something to behold with the stainless. Just sweeping sculpture of metal that goes on forever.  

• Like 1

Difficult to narrow down  to "The one". It would have to be a 1966 Electra 225  convertible. Black with black leather. As an old JC song says , "there will always be that one". Yeah, I still remember her!

Ben

• Like 1

58 Limited Convertible with continental kit ... in blue of course...

• Like 3

There's nothing particularly exciting about this one, but I'd love to have a 1969 LeSabre four door hardtop with the 350 engine. My dad bought one new and I'd get to drive it around every so often. I always loved the look of the '69 Buicks. If only I had a larger garage...

• Like 1

I’m being boring  to a lot of you,  but I have loved them since I first saw one on this forum about 2 years ago 

1953 Buick skylark convertible in the pale blue , a real dream car! ?

• Like 3