Front Grease Seals needed 31 Nash 880 sedan

Today a nice elderly gentleman stopped in my office, and said that someone had told him that I was involved with antique cars, and might be able to help him find Front Grease Seals for the spindles/hubs on his 1931 Nash 880 4 door sedan. It is a twin-ignition 8 cylinder car. I asked if he uses computers or the internet, intending to tell him about the wonderful AACA forums. Sadly, he does not. But since I couldn't think of a better place to find the seals he needs, I offered to do a search for him. If anything can be found, I'll call him with the information. 

He mentioned that there are apparently two seals (or two components?) for each spindle. Apparently one piece threads onto the spindle somehow, and the other piece must press up against that? He didn't know for sure, because his seals are completely missing. He mentioned that someone else had already done a brake job on it in the past, but simply left the seals out. So grease had gotten all over this brake shoes. 

Could anyone please help me steer this gentleman in the right direction for parts? Does anyone have any exploded views of the front brakes/hubs of his car? There is nothing in this for me, except the satisfaction of trying to help a senior citizen who is also a fellow car collector/restorer. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by lump (see edit history)

This is probably the first place to call.

(910) 693-3324

Olcar Bearing Company

135 James Creek Rd
Southern Pines, NC 28387-6833

Find a Location

Mr. George Bachleda,

Olcar Bearing Company manufactures bearings & seals for pinion, transmission, axles and differentials.

Or join the http://www.nashcarclub.org/ which would be difficult if you were not using computers and on line.

Good Luck to the gentleman in his search and thank you for helping him and thinking of us.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)