1927 graham brothers truck

jerryh20

we have a complete un restored truck that really needs to be back in circulation. looking for someone to take on this project or at least use the machine for parts. we don't want it to go to a scrap yard, we could do that.

it's been in storage for years and the main frame is all that has been left outside. if anyone wishes to discuss procuring this truck please let us know. a lot of the wooden parts will need to be replaced, the engine is complete but needs rebuild. the transmission is usable and complete. the doors and body parts are stored inside.

Graham_Brothers_trucks__1924_ID195sdZ4d_400.jpg

Edited by jerryh20
more info (see edit history)

3 hours ago, jerryh20 said:

we have a complete un restored truck that really needs to be back in circulation. looking for someone to take on this project or at least use the machine for parts. we don't want it to go to a scrap yard, we could do that.

it's been in storage for years and the main frame is all that has been left outside. if anyone wishes to discuss procuring this truck please let us know. a lot of the wooden parts will need to be replaced, the engine is complete but needs rebuild. the transmission is usable and complete. the doors and body parts are stored inside.

Graham_Brothers_trucks__1924_ID195sdZ4d_400.jpg

Looks like early 20’S with long wheelbase. If you have a frame or vin number the exact year could be determined. Also do you know the wheel base? This information is on the registration if you have it.

Is the first picture the actual truck before it was taken apart? Or some other truck? The first picture appears to be of a somewhat restored truck, not a true original condition truck.

Pictures of your actual cab and other things would help a lot!

ok guys, i know these aren't the best pics and the truck in the post is not this one just one i found. it's stored in pieces in a metal building in a loft and not where i can pull them down easily. if there is any interest and an in person inspection made we will pull each piece. this would be a large project and my friend that owns it is now over 80 with no plans to start it. he has had it for 15 years and when he got it started inspecting and taking it apart piece by piece and that's where we're at here.

It would seem nearly impossible to sell this with the information you have provided. This first red flag is it's apart & has been that way for a long time. God only knows if a buyer will get everything for the truck. The second flag is you are asking on a national if not international site for someone to spend time & money to travel to Texas to inspect it then make a decision to buy it. (That wouldn't be a problem to a local person.) You make no mention of title. If there isn't one, that's another flag for some people. I will make 2 suggestions that you can take for what they're worth & may help sell the truck.

First, you say if someone came to inspect it, you would get all the pieces out of storage - do it now, inventory them, photograph them, & then list it with a reasonable price.

Second, failing to do the first suggestion, take the reasonable price, cut it at least in half or more & let it go. Your 80+ year old friend must admit his truck is a lost cause & he should just get whatever he can out of it just to be rid of it even if that means damn near giving it away to someone that will sell the parts so other trucks can be restored or restore this truck.

Edited by George Smolinski (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Second, failing to do the first suggestion, take the reasonable price, cut it at least in half or more & let it go. Your 80+ year old friend must admit his truck is a lost cause & he should just get whatever he can out of it just to be rid of it even if that means damn near giving it away to someone that will sell the parts so other trucks can be restored or restore this truck.

Unfortunately on this method, the base price would be somewhere near $0.02/pound.

George, you are right and if was in my garage / shed that's exactly what should be done. there is no title, think it belonged to brook army hospital in San Antonio at one time. I was talking with him one day about that truck, where he got it and why. I suggested we see if anyone would like to check this out in person. someone that knows these machines and can get it back on the road. I assure you he does not expect to get rich with this machine and just wants it to be restored. the first knowledgeable person that checks it out and makes a fair offer will own this. bring your trailer, he has a fork lift. even though he is over 80 he still works every day, as an engineer designing rock saws, sharp as a tack, and realizes he will never get this truck restored. there must be a restore expert that could make this build happen.

Edited by jerryh20 (see edit history)

This is akin to asking a carpenter to build you a house with no plans, no ideas, no material lists and no idea of cost! If you could identify the make of the truck and type and make of engine, it might help people determine if this could be a viable project. Surely the owner knows what king of truck he purchase! many of these old trucks were "manufactured" vehicles made up of parts from several suppliers. There are probably no manuals or good information on many of them and parts can be a real problem. I see this type of situation a seemingly lost cause without more info and a guarantee that most everything is there. Furthermore, how would anyone know how to rebuilt it if there is no info and no idea of what it really is!  I'm sure the owner never made any notations as to how it came apart or what part goes where so at this point, unless someone might be able to identify something, it's merely a pile of junk parts! Just my opinion!

jpage, i in fact forgot to mention that he has the shop and owners manual and it is a 1927 graham brothers truck. i thought there may be a chance that a graham or dodge brothers expert might be interested in this and actually hoping someone close by would take a look. again, i don't have this in my shop and not involved in the disassembly over 15 years ago. when we get a knowledgeable expert contact maybe this machine can be saved, maybe not but i think there's some interest and don't mind all the suggestions. thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. Im currently restoring a 1926 and would be interested in various parts if your willing to part it out and send to Australia. Looking for alot of small bits for engine and dash and if possible the window frames as missing them.

Let me know if we can sort something out

IMG_7468.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2018 at 6:39 AM, jerryh20 said:

Hey Jerry , 

Is this still available ? Could please provide the engine number and frame number along with the wheelbase ? 

Thanks

Dave

Dave, yes we still have it and would love to get it in the hands of someone that could use it. Bob Erickson is the owner, give him a call 512-863-7444 - home phone. He has the manual for the truck and has looked for the frame number but even knowing where to look hasn't been able to locate it. He will look for the engine number and measure the frame. i will post that info on this page.

p.s. he may not answer an un recognized phone number but leave a message and i am sure he will return your call. he won't have the info until after the week-end,

thanks,

jerry

Rusty, all the wooden parts have been under cover and can be used as a pattern or in some cases fixed and used. it will definitely need a master's touch.  it is complete and ready for an expert inspection in Georgetown, TX

When Bob found this truck years ago his plan was to rebuild the body and install a more modern drive assembly. Sadly that never happened and there must be someone somewhere that would like to take a stab at it.

I am sure there are people who would take on this truck. Big question is are there any close enough to make it a practical proposition.  Texas is a long way away from many forum members.

Greg in Canada, ….. 2000 miles away, give or take

On 5/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, jerryh20 said:

Rusty, all the wooden parts have been under cover and can be used as a pattern or in some cases fixed and used. it will definitely need a master's touch.  it is complete and ready for an expert inspection in Georgetown, TX

I have restored a 29 DB truck and there is a lot of wood in the cab. Got any pictures of the wood pieces you have?

Rusty, these items are stored in a metal building loft. if someone is really interested and wants to check out all of this truck / parts the best way to do that is be here in person with a trailer, look everything over and make an offer. he isn't trying to get rich and just wants it to go to a good home. he wants to take it out of a couple of storage locations one time. i know the best way would be to itemize everything and post it for the world to see. he has a fork lift to load the heavier stuff and if and when the time comes that he wants to take it down / out and take pictures i will help him do that. the frame and dump bed is the only thing outside. someone with the time to come see it will be rewarded and glad they came. thanks. you did look at the pictures i posted originally did you not?