Looking for 1938 Coupe - Century or Special

Daves1940Buick56S

Well, I am getting the itch again. With my 1940 56S now settled in pretty well, I am looking to add to the stable. I have always loved the look of the 1938 coupes, like a lot of other folk. I would prefer a Century but will consider a Special with sidemounts. Looking for a really nice example that is not a project - I already have one of those! - and am willing to pay accordingly.

Cheers, Dave

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1938-buick-series-40-opera/6494850279.html

For sale is this beautiful 1938 Buick, It is the opera coupe model. 64,300 actual miles , 3rd owner , no rust , Always stored in a heated garage. It has the straight 8 valve in head "Dynaflash" engine. The color is Whistler Gray which is a brownish gray color. This is an unmolested all original car and everything is there. Serious Buyers Only. Please don't call and offer $22,000 because you cannot own this car for $22,000. If you are looking for "The One" then step up and drive this beauty home. More pictures upon Serious Requests Only. $27,500 OBO . Thanks

I'm bummed that we both missed that '37 Century coupe at Gateway a few months ago. I was actually talking to someone on the phone trying to buy it when someone else grabbed it. I'm sad I missed it--it was ridiculously under-priced.

On 1 mars 2018 at 9:59 PM, Daves1940Buick56S said:

That's the ticket! Is this car for sale?

Never mind, looks like it's in Scandinavia somewhere.

Cheers, Dave

Yes its for sale ,, but its lokated in Sweden ,, but thats not a problem , its ok to ship it to Baltimore 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Maverick587 said:

1938 Buick Special Convertible - in the move, IQ with Meg Ryan and Walter Matthau

Twin side mounts, straight 8, 56k original miles

Will consider cash and trade.

Please contact me at 951-453-4669

SANY0007.jpg

This should be a new topic. Anyway, if you want responses, you would do better to name a price, what you might consider trading it for, does it run, where is it, more photos, more information...4 door convertibles aren't as desirable as convertible coupes, and they cost more to restore. Old Cars price guide says it can be worth from $2800 (lawn art) to $70K (absolutely flawless trailer queen). You decide where your car is along the spectrum. Good luck.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, shanezwarg said:

1938 century 66s, body number 19. all original, runs and drives good. may consider sale.  very little rust. this is a easy restoration. canus19@yahoo.com. 

38.jpg

Any more photos? Asking price?

Would you consider a '39?

66S  restored around 1996 but only has roughly 2000 miles since that time.    I have owned it for about 10 years and

it needs a home where someone will use it.   Last year I never put gas in it.... just showed it a couple of time.

Interior is grey,  has push button radio,  heater, spot lights,  sun visor, fog lights, stream boards and side mounts.

It was even featured in the BCA Bugle in late 1996.

Located in Texas.    Asking $28K   

#2 _39 Buick Century - 579.JPG

89e9_12.jpg

8dfb_12.jpg

39 luggage.jpg

• Like 1