I am new to this site and looking for advice and information on starting a restoration project on a 1940 D2 pickup.  This truck Jas been in my family since it was new and I learned to drive in it back in the 70s.  It has always been stored inside and has not run for about 20 years.  It is pretty much complete and original with some dings and such from farm use over the years.it was originally my great grandfathers truck.  Looking for info on parts sources and things such as keeping the original drivetrain, brakes, etc vs upgrading to more modern.  Thanks for any help for getting this project started.

Hello and welcome. Would love to see pictures of your truck. Most on the AACA forum are dedicated to keeping things original as possible. With your history with this truck, it seems that might fit your memories of its life (and yours). The IHC trucks are very durable as they were built and should do fine in normal use. If the engine is free, just change the fluids and put fresh gas in it, take the plugs out and put in a little light weight oil on the pistons to lubricate it before trying to start it. You may be surprised at the results you get. Of course go thru your break system and steering, etc to insure safety. Please keep us informed of your results, and again we LOVE pictures!

That would make a great truck with just a good cleanup and get her running. Keep us posted as you proceed. You have not mentioned where you are located, but in far West Texas where I lived for many years it seems every farmer had an IHC or two that came out to work during harvest. 

That truck looks to be in beautiful condition! I am restoring a 1939 D-2 (a rolling resto). I have been collecting info, and you should find my restoration website helpful - www.restoringcornelius.com

Good luck!

John