Hupmobile 1925 3 Dr. Sedan

Hupp36

Well after  looking  for  about a  year I  found the  car  my friend the car he wanted, a fine  looking 1925 3 dr. Hupmobile.. This  was the  last  year  Hupp  would  make a 4  cyl.  car  The pic is  from  my  phone  when we  were  in  transit from Mass.  to  Fl. I will have  more  pic  when  I  rest  up  from the  trip. 

1925Hupp 006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice car, Hupp 36! Congratulations to your friend. 

It seems to share many features with my 1923 Hupp touring. I recall my parents saying that our car had more in common with most 1924 and 1925 Hupmobiles, than with most 1923 cars. I guess there was a model change mid year in 1923. I THINK I recall that mine is a Model "R-12," and that most 1923-titled units were Model "R-10's." Is that right? 

The  R  8  and  R 10 were  produced from 1918- to early  1923.  On the  1923 cars R11/R12  models,  the  wheel  base was  increased  from  112 to 115 inches.  Also in  some  of the  sport  models  had  a nickel plated  radiator  shell, radiator  cap, cowl  lights and  drum headlights. Yours  being  an R=12 . Your  body  was  larger  than the  R-11 by an  inch.. This  was  also when Hupp  introduced the  3  Dr.  sedan.  Now   the  answer  to  your  question.  Yes, the  majority of  the  1923 R  model  Hupps  were  R-10

• Like 1

When taking the  25  up to NAPA to  have  them match  the  paint  so  I  could do  some  touch up, within sight of the  store, it  died. long  story  short  the  pic  will show  you  why it  died.Will  clean it  up  and  see if  it  will  be  ok.  If  not  I  have  another  that  I  can  install. See Pic.

DSCN2674.JPG

DSCN2675.JPG

DSCN2676.JPG

DSCN2677.JPG

DSCN2678.JPG

DSCN2679.JPG

After cleaning  it  up  and  soldering 2 tiny rust  holes making a  new  gasket it  I  reinstalled on the  Hupp  and  I  made  it  to  the  NAPA paint  store. Driving  that  car  is  a hoot.  Add this  Hupp  to  my  list  and  I  have  driven 7  different models. Only  11  more to  go. I  did   not  think to  take  a pic  but  will  do  so.

I  also  ordered  carb.  rebuild kit  and  installed  it., here  are the  pic of  the  finished product. When I  come back  down in the  fall,  I  will  do  some  clean up and  paint  to  the  engine compartment.

Hupp 3 door 001.JPG

Hupp 3 door 002.JPG

• Like 1