Ebbeling

1936 dodge headlight stands grill shell clips

Good evening folks I’m hoping somebody out there might be able to help me I am in need of the headlight stands for 36 dodge hopefully I’m calling the right things they are the pot metal stanchions that mount on the side of the grill shell thank you  xfishcar@msn.com 508 400 0622 thank you Jerry   Furthermore wondering if anybody might have some information or a source to purchase the clips that hold the stainless molding around the grill shell thank you again 

The clips that hold the grille moulding are no longer available new.The '35 clips look very much the same but are smaller. If you have saved any you'll have to reuse them and I think I have some left. I managed to find some new ones years ago. I have searched and tried many different other style clips and found none to fit well enough to use. You may have to end up making something. The original clips are a little hard to install as they have to be inserted through the shell and turned into the moulding. Then they are pressed flat with a special tool that will tighten them up in the moulding. I'm sure somebody will come up wit the stanchions. The original style body side moulding clips are not available new either, but the clips for the runningboard mouldings are as well as some of the clips for the hood side spears. There are soem no-original clips that may work for the side mouldings . Good hunting!

Its been years since I did my 36 and the guy I bought the clips from commented that these could possibly be the last of them.

However, on my last project I was at the local NAPA store browsing the available plastic clips and fond some black plastic mushroom shaped things that after experimenting with was able to make them work.

They are plastic so can be trimmed into shape, they come with different sized inserts (I call them Christmas trees). Almost impossible to get back out of the hole once you push them in.

I think the 36 had slots rather than holes but I bet a guy could fashion something after wasting a couple.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, jpage said:

The clips that hold the grille moulding are no longer available new.The '35 clips look very much the same but are smaller. If you have saved any you'll have to reuse them and I think I have some left. I managed to find some new ones years ago. I have searched and tried many different other style clips and found none to fit well enough to use. You may have to end up making something. The original clips are a little hard to install as they have to be inserted through the shell and turned into the moulding. Then they are pressed flat with a special tool that will tighten them up in the moulding. I'm sure somebody will come up wit the stanchions. The original style body side moulding clips are not available new either, but the clips for the runningboard mouldings are as well as some of the clips for the hood side spears. There are soem no-original clips that may work for the side mouldings . Good hunting!

I was wondering if you had a photo or sample of one I might be able to come up with something .Unfortunatly these moldings were missing when I got the car and I have found moldings but have nothing to go on on the clips so anything is helpful thank you 508 400 0622

Here are some photos of the Headlamp Stands and the shell mounting side SS Trim pieces. 

(I looked for photos of the grille trim clips but no luck.)

36 Dodge Headlamp Mounting Stands - back bottoms.jpg

36 Dodge Headlamp Mounting Stands - bottoms & mounting bolts.jpg

36 Dodge Headlamp Mounting Stands - fronts.jpg

36 Dodge Headlamp Mounting Stands - insides.jpg

36 Dodge Headlamp Mounting Stands - tops.jpg

36 Dodge Headlamp Stand to Shell Mouldings - stand side back.jpg

36 Dodge Headlamp Stand to Shell Mouldings - stand side frt.jpg