Salvage yards in southeastern Pennsylvania with 1955-56 Packards

Michael C Wauhop

I was wondering if any members out there could tell me if there are any salvage yards roughly in a 100 mile radius of Philadelphia that have 1955-56 Packards in their yard.I remember passing a yard in Lacaster county that had Packards in it it was in a wooded area but since at the time I drove through it I was lost I cannot remember much else except it was on a hilly winding 2 lane road.

Check out Friendship Junkyard off of Rt 70 about 5 miles east of the Red Lion Circle ( RT 70 and Rt 206 ) east of Medford, NJ. Turn right on the first paved road and go a few miles.They have a bunch of 50s cars, I don't know about Packards but it's a neat tour anyway and they let you roam freely. Probably about 40 miles from Philly.

Go Eagles.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

15 hours ago, GARY F said:

I live here in SC. In my limited driving around I havent seen any. But I have only been here 12 yrs.

You must be located in the low country or down by the ocean? I'm here in the foot hills (or the upstate) and I have near me a yard that the newest car there is 1970 the place is candy store for guys like us. I know where there is a car lot that has at least 100 cars or more on it plus on I-385 off of I-26 is another lot loaded with classics. There is a town called Ware Shoals loaded with old cars. You should take a day trip up this way and look around.