Xander Wildeisen

Cadillac flower truck?

I agree, I’ve always loved the big boy look. Someday if this body holds up that long I’ll find one I can afford. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

I agree, I’ve always loved the big boy look. Someday if this body holds up that long I’ll find one I can afford. 

My dad had a couple just like Xander’s a few years before I went to Tx. I have pics somewhere. 

Maybe I should just find out where Xander lives and hope he leaves the keys in the garage. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

Maybe I should just find out where Xander lives and hope he leaves the keys in the garage. Lol

Then come get me and take me for a ride! ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I can remember a couple of the old guys who used to hang around my brother's gas station laughing about someone that they knew who thought he had scored big time when he bought several brand new Hydramatics cheap at some Army surplus auction. As they explained it, the guy didn't realize that the tank Hydramatics didn't have reverse.

How did they back them up???

13 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Then come get me and take me for a ride! ?

I will but hope you are ready for a wild ride as I would have to drive it like I stole it !!    Wait a minute I would have!!!!!

• Haha 2

If you really squint the Charger looks as much like my Hudson, as the Cadillac does. And then you will be on the run SC38DLS (and your dogs to)

• Haha 1

I had a charger when I came home from across the pond and got out of the army in Dec 68. Young, dumb, foot loose and didn’t have to worry about Uncle Sam any more  I drove it almost (but not quite) as crazy as that.  I have to say it helped get my head back on the right way. Back then the Charger was a better ride than a Hudson would have been, today it would be a toss up. 

Dave S 

17 hours ago, CarlLaFong said:

How did they back them up???

Perhaps some separate mechanical gear box was used.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, victorialynn2 said:

It kind of reminds me of a Hudson pickup. 

Perhaps a Hudson "Little Boy"?

They turn in place - hold the brakes on one set of tracks go forward with other and it turns in a circle -- anything in its way gets crushed ! 

I guess to speculate on the tank reverse thing a little more, "reverse" in a Hydramatic, like any automatic transmission,  is a go-slow business. I could see where having the full range of speeds that a Hydramatic offered in both directions might be important in some "get out of there in a hurry" situations. But the truth of the matter is I'm going beyond speculation on this point. I will say that just being able to turn in place might have been enough, but I'm inclined to doubt it. I would think that some kind of reverse would be best.

$100,000 Hudson pick up for sale! Well, I'm thinking that the seller likely meant $10,000. I don't consider this one much of a bargain because it sits on an S10 frame. Maybe someone here may like that part, though. I'm really only posting this C/L bargain because the of relative interest in Hudson pickups. I thought that some of you might find it a little bit interesting in that it's a Hudson pickup that isn't a Big Boy. At least I'm pretty sure it's not. It's not always easy tell the difference by the way that people photographed them. I sort of go by the relative distance between the rear fenders and the back edge of the cab. I don't recall the model numbers for either model, but I'm sure someone will. Personally, I like the proportions of both the short and long wheel base ones. I think that having a cab that's substantial in appearance is beneficial in both cases.

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1946-hudson-project-truck/6499354429.html

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

Looks like the short bed. Stock frame would work just fine. You can change out the front suspension with less work then putting a S-10 frame under it. The cabs look better when stretched, fits better with the long hood and bed. I used a coupe roof on my truck, that gave me the drip rails and matched the curve of the coupe doors to the curve of the top. Two door sedan doors are straight across the top. Here is mine under construction, lots of work, truck was on a hog farm. All I used was the frame and cab, had to replace all other parts. It was a sad old truck.:( I wrapped it all up when I came back from a commercial break. (like seen on TV)

20130701_121550.jpg

20130703_191020.jpg

Wow! I am surprised. I thought it started with four bling wheels, disc brakes, and a dual master cylinder. Then the other stuff was attached.

Huh. And where is the guy who stands by the car while he waits to have his arms surgically uncrossed?

Bernie

• Like 1

That's from back in the pre-cable TV days. I stopped doing that when I learned how to walk in slow motion.

Must have been easy to find. Is it stored in a folder that starts with A?

Bernie

• Haha 1

Stored forever in the TV Enquiry / Car show hero post that was moved to commercial advertisements. Wonder if I will get any work from that commercial advertisement? To, too, two funny. Made me laugh this morning Bernie, for that I thank you.:lol: