Sign in to follow this  
Dan Marx

Chiltons inteterchange book.

I have a 1936(?)Chiltons interchange book that I am considering a copying for sale. Any thougts on how much interest there would be in such a booklet? It is approx 110 pages. I am open to all discussions and thoughts. Could be put on a CD. Recently, 2 fellows used it to look for parts for a Continental Beacon.

My guess it that the copy would cost more than an original edition. Check eBay for the market value of recent sales.

Once upon a time Chilton's Motor's and Dyke's manuals were not that easy to come by, now however, thanks to the internet they can be obtained relatively cheaply and they are quite plentiful.

Don't even think about doing this unless you copntact the Chilton poeple first. In the unlikely event that they've kept up the copyright you could be in for some serious trouble.

There used to be a seller on eBay that posted collected repair manuals on cd for various asian and european makes. He/she lasted a couple of months, then dissappeared. I have a cd set of old car oriented music (rockabilly, surf, blues, etc.) that some kid put together and briefly put out on eBay. I think I may have been his last customer. shocked.giffrown.gif

best way to solve the sign in problem is NOT to sign in. Just post your name in the body of the post u make as an Unreg. user.

Yeah,good idea, the old forum would remember my username each time I hit on the bookmark.