On 1/9/2019 at 8:56 AM, Zimm63 said:

Not yet.  Its one of the things I want to do while waiting for the center bearing mount to come back.  2-3 weeks turn around.  I'm a litttle leery of pulling the dash cover in the cold too.  Need to think about that.  

On 1/9/2019 at 8:56 AM, Zimm63 said:

Not yet.  Its one of the things I want to do while waiting for the center bearing mount to come back.  2-3 weeks turn around.  I'm a litttle leery of pulling the dash cover in the cold too.  Need to think about that.  

Zimm, no need to be Leary. I was not keen on pulling my dash out for repair. I got another to help pull it out. No big deal.

BUT, no need to pull dash for speedo work. I did not pull out the dash for speedo work.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:45 PM, Turbinator said:

Zimm, no need to be Leary. I was not keen on pulling my dash out for repair. I got another to help pull it out. No big deal.

BUT, no need to pull dash for speedo work. I did not pull out the dash for speedo work.

I will admit to not looking into this yet.  Can you pull the cable off the back from the bottom, or by pulling it out the front of the dash?

7 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

I will admit to not looking into this yet.  Can you pull the cable off the back from the bottom, or by pulling it out the front of the dash?

Zimm, I was guided to unloose and disconnect the cable from the transmission. Pull the cable through the casing from behind the speedometer in the dash. Zimm I had a hard time getting the replacement cable to fit. The sellers say they heir cable will fit and the cable is long enough but you have to cut the cable to fit and not unravel. 

Narrow down what needs to be fixed before you pull out the cable.

Only but a suggestion based on past experience. You might not need a cable but your driven gear could be worn. Find out what others say what makes it jump. Go from there.

Turbinator

27 degrees up here. At least it is not raining.