ANNUAL MEETING

Terry Bond

Another Annual Meeting is now in the history books.  What a great time we had!  Just got home and unpacked, very tired but that's what happens when you have fun.  Great seminars, lots of old friends and new ones attending.  Late nights in the hospitality suites, lots of things to learn, see and do as always.  Congrats as always to Mike Jones and the entire team for making it great.  HQ Staff, Directors, Hotel staff, everyone making it a great experience.   Lots of happy people at the awards banquet.  It was an honor to once again help with the trophies.   Sure we got caught in traffic because of the parade but the crowd was very entertaining!   I'm sure there will be some pics posted and others chiming in with highlights but wanted to post something quickly to let everyone know they missed a great event.  Makes you proud to belong!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The funniest thing I saw were the guys rolling a coffin into the street.  When they did that my thoughts were "it's a bad time to have a funeral" but then they raised the lid to the coffin where it read "We buried the Patriots."

Young, old, black, white, rich and poor, they all came out to celebrate and it was a once in a lifetime experience to be able to watch a city celebrate their very first Super Bowl win.  I was even more surprised to learn that they closed the schools and how entire families were out there to celebrate.  There aren't too many people who will ever or have ever seen a football team celebrate their first Super Bowl win. 

At one point the lobby was closed and unless you had a room key, security wouldn't even let you into the building. 

Yes it was crazy, but it was also comical and I enjoyed watching the celebration....  It's taken 82 years for the AACA Annual Meeting to coincide with a Super Bowl victory party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, MochetVelo said:

I filled out the Annual Meeting Survey, but it didn't go through.  I got a message "There are some error(s). Please see each marked section." The questions so-marked had all been answered, however.

Phil

Phil,

This is obviously an old thread.  If you want an answer or help simply scroll down the topics menu to:  http://forums.aaca.org/forum/134-forum-software-questionsinstructions/

The chances of getting assistance by asking for help to those not in the know will not work.  Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peter J.