Advice needed

AndyC

Not sure where to post this, but have a couple of questions in reference to windlace. I have a 1962 Chrysler New yorker that I bought several years ago. 2nd owner, and it  has less than 40K miles on it. The interior is/was original, and the seats are currently out and being re-upholstered. Have been doing research on windlace, and several methods are mentioned, (tack strips, alligator clips, screws, and plugs.)  All references I can find online are GM vehicles. Here are my questions.

1. How is the windace attached on this car.

2. Is this something I can do myself. (note, I'm 73, DO NOT have a garage, and spent my entire adult life as a Paramedic/Firefighter.

chrysler.jpg

Edited by AndyC
spelling (see edit history)

I don’t know about windlace or some of the other things you asked about except “can you do it?” (Hopefully Trimacar will chime in soon)   I had never touched a sewing machine in my life until I bought my Studebaker. The seats would literally split every time I would sit on them. The upholstery shop wanted close to $7000 and I could not afford to do that for a driver. I bought a $50 sewing machine and $250 of auto quality cloth and went to work. Is it show quality? No, not unless it’s a comedy show. Is it functional for a daily driver? I think so. So can you do it? You will only know if you try. By the way I am a year younger than you so that may be a factor. 

Oh, one draw back. My wife has asked me to sew a few things for her around the house. LOL. 

74FA900A-FE0D-41CF-B81C-53F4CDC6C30B.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment. Here are some more exterior pictures. Interior is currently a work in progress, as is the engine bay. Still has the original 413 wedge, with carter AFB 4barrel. Chrome and stainless have NOT been redone.

63chryslerny1.jpg

63chryslerny2.jpg

63chryslerny3.jpg

63chryslerny4.jpg

dash.jpg