This may be a tuff one , Moonroof seal

Old Man Jimbo

I have a couple NOS ones available. Keep in mind the sunroof seals don't actually do much to keep the water out. If your sunroof is leaking into the passenger compartment, you may have a clogged drain or rusted pan on the sunroof. Better to pull the headliner and investigate first 

• Like 2

Definition of " NOS " ? , ( oops , I just showed my ignorance ! ) :(  .

When I committed to this Reatta , Because I didn't want to drive to Indy , we did a facetime walk around  and they did a very thorough walk around.When it came to the sunroof I asked her not to open it because I didn't want the seal interrupted not knowing when the last time it was opened. The headliner showed no stain and I pre determined that in my OCD mind I will take out the headliner myself and manually , yet equally , open it ( perhaps pre lube it with some Tri-Flow ).

Thank you for reminding me that there is a drain. I'll get out the Roto rooter and ream that sucker out ... Ha.

Thank you NC ( Man , " NOS , OCD and NC" ) I'm confused ;)

There was a guy near you with several Reattas.......he lived in Culver, but had most of his cars in Plymouth area.

I have tried his internet and get no answer.....he even posted here for a while but has since vanished.......last I knew he had 3 Reattas and a bunch of other cars, I visited him on my way to the South Bend meet in 2013.

I will need to look up his info......

As Marck said........the seat at the sheet metal just keeps the big chunks out and you could probably get the material from another sunroof.

On a sunroof car, the first thing to do if the top will open is clean the tray and drains.....there is a drain in each corner.

What you will notice is the top opening is larger than the opening in the headliner.........water dripping from the crack in the top opening falls straight down and is caught in the tray.....then it goes out one of the drains.

When you get the top open, clean and lube the tracks and cables........worst case, the top does not open, pull the headliner and the sunroof assembly comes out with  the removal of 4 (maybe 6) nuts.

with it out on the bench, you can clean and lube everything much better.   NOTE...any parts that need replacing you can get them from a Mazda RX7 of same years....more plentiful and cheaper. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

NOTE...any parts that need replacing you can get them from a Mazda RX7 of same years....more plentiful and cheaper. 

That may have been true a few years ago but is not the case now. Everything has dried up from Mazda for the sunroofs as far as I know. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Old Man Jimbo said:

Thank you Barney , good info . The top does need to come off because the paint is bubbling in one spot so I will repaint it. That will be when I clean / replace what may need replaced.

Where does the water drain to ?

The drain tubes run down the pillar and exit on the left and right side frame rails behind the front wheels.

• Like 1

If memory serves there are 4 drains, one in each corner.  The front ones drain behind the front wheels.  The rear drains down a rubber tube to in front of the rear tires.  I tried the compressed air on a 90 I had but it wouldn't clear.  I found that the tube in the right rear B pillar was kinked when installed.

The tube was made of rubber.  To fix it I just installed a fuel line hose clamp around the kink which made it open again.  I would think any type of rubber hose of the proper diameter (?) would work. I seem to remember the hose was not very thick.  I think the actual hose just hung down through the floorpan and exited in front of the rear wheels.  :)

I did this probably 11 or 12 years ago and my memory isn't what it used to be.