Show us your Reatta memorabilia and collectables

Ronnie

Below is a photo of the Reatta stuff I have - which is not much. I'm not a collector type of guy.  I'm sure some of you guys have a ton of this stuff. I know everyone would like to see photos of it. Or just tell us about what you have if you don't have photos. Signs, clocks, advertisement materials, what-have-you... Show us what you've got!

SAM_3989.JPG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Is there a story behind this plate? It looks like a Reatta. I've not seen one like it before.

dship tag.png

It's actually a license plate.  It's a caricature of a Reatta coupe.  There's also a serving plate behind the eagle trophy in the first photo.  I found them on EvilBay a long time ago. 

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

As I have a "dumb" phone I can't post pictures now, but I have;

Pewter Reatta

Reatta plastic car

Reatta wall clock

Reatta 1903-1988 key chain [like in Ronnie's picture]

Various pins

Reatta license plate

Buick "Valve in Head" belt buckle

You should also have a Buick Club of America belt buckle that I handed to both you and Marck at the BCA South Bend National, 2013 (last two I had).

• Like 2

I am also having issues posting photos   but to add to Dave and Ship items  

Rain Man poster for the intro of the 88 with 12" laser disc of the movie Rain Man

Black Convertible with the Y Job poster 

Complete zippored portfolio 

S60 hood badge

88 hood badge {non S60}

Prestone window spray De-Icer can

Reatta letter opener

Press Release of the Reatta with photos and slides( Press Packet}

Plastic Reatta Key chain  red coupe one side   red convertible on the other side

• Like 2

First picture has Reatta and other Buick items.....note the brass script Reatta in the first and last picture.....found that on Ebay mixed in with some similar Cadillac parts, it is a prototype Reatta script, no bosses on the back and it would later be chrome plated.

The drivers side door picture is from the early prototype convertibles....the top and boot switches are in the side panel.   The photo shown is the car that went to San Diego, mine does not have the switches but is tan.  

DSCN0214.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

88 900870.bmp

88conv.jpg

brass Reatta II.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

First picture has Reatta and other Buick items.....note the brass script Reatta in the first and last picture.....found that on Ebay mixed in with some similar Cadillac parts, it is a prototype Reatta script, no bosses on the back and it would later be chrome plated.

The drivers side door picture is from the early prototype convertibles....the top and boot switches are in the side panel.   The photo shown is the car that went to San Diego, mine does not have the switches but is tan. 

brass Reatta II.jpg

Was this a Buick item? If so I'll bet it's rare isn't it?

The brass Reatta script would have been made for the preproduction cars........don't know if Buick/GM did it inhouse or some outside vendor made them.  

I stumbled on them mixed in with some similar brass parts for Cadillacs......good old Ebay

• Thanks 1

Don't have pictures ready to go, but I have the following:

2 3' lighted dealer signs

2 plastic models

license plate (silver printing on black)

Christmas tree ornament with Reatta logo

Reatta logo tie tacs

cutaway poster framed and matted

1988 and 1990 postcards framed and matted 

couple of original print ads

full color glossy  brochure

2 complete and 1 partial portfolio

copy of issue of Collectible Automobile that covered the Reatta in detail

several other magazine's with Reatta articles

pictorial history of the Reatta book published a few years ago  

forgetting a few small things but that covers most of it.

• Like 1

You guys have some really cool stuff. I'm a little bit ashamed that I have only collected the things shown in my photo over the 10 years I've owned my Reatta. I did find my Reatta patch after looking for it for about an hour. It was on my car cover where I put it about 5 years ago. :wacko:

IMG_20180210_143109592[1].jpg

• Like 1

Ronnie, I have a few patches like that I got from Marck a long while back now. I remember seeing some brass emblem proofs on eBay years ago like Barney has but they were on their own, not part of a lot with Cadillac emblems. I almost bought them, wish now I had. Kind of a cool historical piece. I'd really like a pewter model, but they are hard to find and rather pricey  (ain't that right, Dave?) so I've not scored one yet. One of these days...

Of course, my very best memorabilia are the four full size, functional, road legal  Reatta models I own. Sometimes I take them out tovplay with them and get strange looks from people.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KDirk said:

Of course, my very best memorabilia are the four full size, functional, road legal  Reatta models I own. Sometimes I take them out tovplay with them and get strange looks from people.

I agree. I drove mine for a while yesterday afternoon to relieve some stress.  That's when I stopped to get the photo of the BBQ place. Driving my Reatta down a winding country road has a medicinal effect on me like no other car I've owned. :D

Jon, you may well have the winningest Reatta in existence. And rightly so, I would add. I don't  think anyone has put as much effort into customization as you have, save maybe for Daniel (amongst those posting on here anyway).

I did forget one somewhat notable item I have: a full pre-launch press kit with letters and promotional information about the Reatta on special letter head, a bunch of 8x10 color and black and white photos of the Reatta (including stamping,  assmebly, wind tunnel testing, full size mockups and interior/exterior shots), color 35mm slides, a spec sheet and  a few other odds and ends. Most of this is not all that exciting save for the photos and slide, but is still interesting historically.

• 2 weeks later...