MarkV

Bought a Barn Find 1977 Cadillac Seville!

Congratulations - one of my favorite cars too.

They are still out there aren't they!

B)

My parents always wanted one of those but it would be a few years before they had that kind of money and could get that high on the GM product ladder. By the late 1970s they got as high as a Buick. Finally, in about 1984, they reached the Cadillac level and bought an Eldorado. It had that 4-6-8 engine, or whatever it was called, which left us stranded on more than one occasion. It also had one of those padded, leather/vinyl tops which was an expensive option and began shrinking and peeling off right about the time the warranty expired. Needless to say, after all those years of saving up for a Cadillac, my dad was very disappointed. My family would typically keep a new car for about 10 years, the Eldorado lasted about four. After that, my dad jumped off of the GM ladder and became a Ford buyer.

As a kid, I remember a neighbor buying a new Seville almost identical looking to yours. They were the envy of all the neighbors and people would just stare at the car. Growing up in an ethnic, European immigrant neighborhood, we rarely saw cars like this.

Congratulations on your new purchase. Enjoy!!

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)