Turn signal switch assembly

Reported smoke from steering column a while back. Got into column and found the turn signal assembly had melted in one area and would no longer move. Have removed it and am in search of a new one . Part # anyone? Had to cut wires to get out and have no idea how the plug can fit through the column...anybody ever replace one? Manual not much help. Also, before I pulled wheel car suddenly won't turn over..battery is fine..only code is SIR which is removed but it was fine at first. Lights on dash etc dim when I try to start but no power to starter. Tried park, neutral etc. With battery charger on nodrain on it when ignition activated. Thought perhaps Sir cause but it started several times after removal..then DEAD. ??????? confused.gifconfused.gif

Sounds like your starting problem might be related to the chip on the key or the contacts inside the column for the anti-theft circuit. When the computer module associated with the chip doesn't recognize the code from the chip the starter cannot be activated.

I have 14 Reatta parts cars and have the turn signal mechanism you are looking for. I will send you an email or I can be reached at jfinn@computerpro.com

Had the same problem with mine awhile ago. Had the dealer fix it. The turn signal switch was cheap enough but the labor $ was bad. The only way they could fix it was to take off the steering wheel (which, of course, means taking out & reinstalling the air bag). Not a fun job but don't know another way to do it. Good luck!