1925 Special Six Transmission

Hebb

Hi,

I just purchased a 1925 Special Six. I'm trying to educate myself and  acquire the parts I need for a restoration. Can someone explain the difference in transmissions if any between the Special and the Big Six. It looks like I'm missing most of the clutch  mechanism that connects tranny to motor. I found a guy in California with several Big Six trannies but are the parts the same? Any help? If any 1925 Special Six parts out there I need some. 

Thanks, Gary. 

Sorry, the Standard Six (ER) does not share the same design as the Big Six and Special Six, for the clutch nor for transmission.

Studeboy is referencing the Series 23-24-25 Illustrated Parts Manual (Book #4) (lower right book).  They contain a listing of all the parts and illustrate some of the parts. Unfortunately, they are not available and a bit rare so they don't come up on eBay like the Owners Manuals do.  There are a few three ring bound photocopies floating around.  I'm not sure if anyone has a photocopied version for sale.  I haven't seen any website listing for such...usually just word of mouth.

If you have specifics usually one of us folks with a book don't mind looking them up and replying.

Scott

DSC06843.thumb.JPG.f27c1d0618591624a93e091a328c17ab.JPG

DSC06846.thumb.JPG.1891438fcc7946a0dea1baa70dd9d3e5.JPGDSC06845.thumb.JPG.81c572a85cd7afc49cc9ce6010551461.JPG

Edited by Stude Light (see edit history)

Faxon Auto Literature has reprints available for the 1925-1928.5 Big and Special Sixes, as well as for most other years and models. They show the Parts Catalog, Shop Manual, and Service Bulletins for 1925. 

Faxon does a nice job on the repros. I have their service manual for the 1920-24 Light Six. I know they don't have any of the manuals shown above reproduced and I offered them mine but never got a reply. I had assumed that since they don't have book 4 then they didn't have 1925 but I see they have 1925 and up in a different format. If you buy that I would be interested to know how detailed it is. You'll be happy with their quality.