'32 Olds Conv

Restorer32

• 2 weeks later...

It's mine you're doing and I just gave a guy from Wisconsin your name and info. He should be calling you. He needs all new wood including all three roof bows, but only one is steam bent. The bow you're making is exactly the same as 31' and 32' Olds, Chevy, and Pontiac. It might possibly fit the smaller Buick 50 series cabriolet too I was told. I do know that the Olds, Chevy, and Pontiac for sure all used the same exact roof on the Cabriolets (called a roadster model for Olds, though it was actually a Cabriolet) right down to matching part numbers. You should also post on the Chevy and Pontiac sites. I'll let people know on the VCCA chat also for you.

Posted the info on the VCCA tonight. Put a disclaimer that it was not an add but posted as information to anyone who might benefit from it. 

Edited by chistech (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Here’s my new bow from Restorer32. Drilled and tapped the the forged split head  rivet so it could be retained and keep the bottom of the bow secured as original. Bow was a perfect match to the original right down to all the clearance notches for the roof fabric.

632A085A-C530-4F93-AAF7-55C992480199.jpeg

A0DCE542-B9CD-49BE-804E-9D3D75975A83.jpeg

3CD1C410-7160-479A-885B-782293D3C905.jpeg

2A596EAF-21C3-46EE-957C-00E834274F17.jpeg

Edited by chistech (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...