Looking for a photo of an unrestored dash

I'm planning to wood grain my dashboard (1923 Light Six) but I only have photos of an original 1920 Light Six dashboard which had a Mahogany finish.  In 1922, Studebaker changed to a walnut grain finish.  I believe the Light Six, Special Six and Big Six all would have the same wood grain design so any of those models from 1922 on would suffice.  So if anyone has an unrestored dashboard that still shows the original wood graining, I would really appreciate if you could post a photo. My concern is more about the grain style than color.  I believe they used a straight grain walnut vs a butt or burl grain design but not sure. Thank you.

Scott

1 hour ago, kmstrade said:

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hcc/2013/01/Superlative-Six---1923-Studebaker-Light-Six/3720771.html

The owners name is mentioned perhaps you could track them down...limited dash photos on this article.

I actually know Anita and Kevin as I used to work with them at GM's Desert Proving Grounds in Mesa, AZ before it was closed down. Although I haven't seen their car in person, I believe that dash has succumbed to the typical rusting as the original paint applique was not as durable as the body paints. I'll email mail them and see if there are remnants of the original finish.  Thanks for reminding me of their car.

Scott

• Like 1

Kevin and his Superlative Six comes through!!! He was able to wet his dashboard down and the wood graining popped out.  He snapped these photos of his original 1923 Light Six walnut wood grained dash (posted in case anyone else wants them for reference).  Thanks again kmstrade for reminding me of this car.

Scott

5a6f0f472eedc_IMG_11711.thumb.JPG.f19971502201fa0dda1be4554a4cced4.JPG5a6f0f4b35caf_IMG_11741.thumb.JPG.f8157f89bd1b0273713a6967682f2e18.JPGIMG_1183.thumb.JPG.028407bfe1ed95142ff1a04eca922d6b.JPG