Another 1918 E49

ROD W

More pictures of the E-6-49, it is super original and complete - including the obligatory mouse nest in the front seat!! However have you ever seen the correct beading along the top of the front passenger seat and the fabric covering on the bodywork above the robe rail?

First job was to remove that terrible fender from the front of the chassis, looks better already.

I'm going to recommission the mechanicals and leave the rest as is... 

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

• Like 3

Here is the pic I have been looking for to make you feel better about the mice.

It's a Buick and I was told what appears to be a very healthy raccoon was living in the rear compartment.

I didn't inspect it first hand.  I took their word for it.

5831e4866bb54_AuctionPhotos011_thumb_JPG_2c76e55c936a210eda147f6fc8265d5b.jpg

Yes they are incredibly rare and intact snubbers (?US term) or shock absorbers (UK term), I'll take some more pictures of them. Even the canvas straps are in unworn condition which is a testament to the probable low mileage of this car.

3 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

Yep, that is why we call them mud guards!

Here in America we are idiots. We say fender instead of mud guard, and we say cheese when they take out picture, instead of cheers. But we made Buicks so we can't be all bad.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2018 at 1:35 AM, ROD W said:

The Gabriel Snubbers are on the rear axle on my car

SAM_0061.JPG

Rod, 

I am in the process of trying to put snubbers on my 1925 Buick Standard. 

1) I would think that if you did not have all 4 snubbers, they would be more effective to have the 2 on the front of the car due to the mass.   Maybe you have all 4? 

2) The cost of replacement webbing is around $100 per snubber.   There is around 6 feet of webbing material in that case.  The replacement webbing is being made by sewing 2 pieces of cowl webbing together.  

3) They fail at the outer end.  I am going to see if I can remove 1 wrap of the webbing and get the snubber to work.  The front has less travel than the rear.  Maybe I can get away with at least not needing to replace all the webbing.   

4) It is odd to see your snubber inside the frame, I thought these went outside.  On the front they are on the outside of the frame.  

Hugh

• Like 1