Oil Bath Cleaner Decal

Summershandy

• 1 month later...

Got the decal from another seller. He gave the wrong dimensions. There seems to be 2 styles of air cleaner. A larger surfaced one and mine that has a seam across the middle. What I'm going to do is cut the decal in half and put the instructional one on the cleaner. The other only advertises PONTIAC MOTOR DIVISION and can be placed anywhere. If anyone notices the change then I'll buy 'em a beer! 

• 2 weeks later...

Now that you mention it, when I was stripping the paint off the cleaner I came across a ghost of a decal that looked orange and had that shape. I shook my head thinking the PO just spray painted over it. I like the idea of originality, would it be wrong in placing "unoriginal" decals where they don't belong? 

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Summershandy said:

Ya, that's the one they sent me. My cleaner is this style. I haven't seen any with decals on them so I'll be first!

IMG_6469.JPG

Hey Summershandy, I’m new to the forums. My 51 pontiac streamliner has the same oil bath air cleaner as yours. Mine has a worn decal on the top (curved and orange) 

04F625A4-08AD-4101-AF32-412C32AFEB09.jpeg

5 hours ago, Summershandy said:

Thanks, decided not to use the white decal besides it's too big for the cleaner. I'm gonna order the one you showed assuming it's the same. Described as "kidney" shape

I seem to not be able to find an exact decal online, most don’t say “Pontiac Motor Division”. Share a link if you end up locating one :)