1946 Mercury M-100 Pickup HELP

jmmaly

I'm looking for anyone that can help with sheet metal parts or INFORMATION on the chassis for this truck.  Trying to verify if the chassis is the same as possibly a 1948 Ford pickup.  Chassis drawings or any info would be appreciated.  

PART_1506968753393_IMG958388.jpg

Dave, thanks for your response.  Here's the story and thought process.  My wife found this truck and wanted it.  I ASSUMED it was the same as a Ford so bought it for her.  (my mistake) Now I find that in fact the 46 and 47 Mercury trucks, made in Canada, are actually different than the Ford from the windshield forward. From 48 forward they are all Ford with different badging.  I can't find any frame drawings for the 46 and am working with Heidt's for front and rear suspension. They have never done anything for the 43 to 47 model years so we are looking to see which years had the same chassis.  They have from 29 to 42, then nothing until 48.  The war years are so rare that I can't find ANY parts.  Consequently I'm looking for any help I can get. We are also looking at the possibility that 42 may be the same as the 46.

Sheet metal is also another big problem.  I may have to just make everything from scratch.  ???  What you stated is correct regarding engine and front frame extension to the bumper.  Thanks again,  Jan

1946-ford-half-ton-pick-up-truck-flat-head-v8-restored-one-family-owned-classic-3.JPG  Never to old to learn or make a mistake. LOL. I never knew there was a difference in the Ford and Mercury other than trim. What is the difference in the fender? Length? wheel opening? If you are on Facebook there is a page called Canadian Monarch and perhaps you might find info from somebody on there. Looking at this truck, it looks similar but if you have tried Ford parts you would know. 

I actually have not tried it myself bc I can't find fenders for either the Ford or Merc.  I'm told that it is in the hood meeting the fenders plus front cowling and that the Merc grille projects out in front of the headlights with the Ford is slightly behind the headlights. Without having the two side by side to measure it's hard to tell.  They look the same to me but I've been told by more than one builder including 'Mercury Charlie' in San Antonio that they don't exchange.  He is supposed to be THE authority on Mercury. I've been a Ford person since high school, (early 60's) and don't ever remember seeing a Merc pickup. What I had hoped that I could do this hot rod project including 347 stroker for under 60, but it looks more like 80 now. :( jmm 

• Like 1