Howsrd123459

Rolls Royce Statue forsale

Recommended Posts

This is a genuen Rolls Roche statue “ Spirit Of Ecstasy”. Extremely rare and very valible. Anyone who knows anything about this knows it’s a steal. Have authication papers and papers that show it’s value which says it’s valued at 6000 euros and was appraised in 2017 as well as bought from a European art gallery. 

For more info please email! 
Looking to get 5000 Canadian or best offer 
Is 100% out of bronze plated with silver

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a scam??????????????????????????????? But then again he does have a paper of  genuine authenticity. Now if it were 100% silver with bronze plating I might consider it. Strange he is asking for Canadian dollars and I guess that is to set the hook tighter.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with the current exchange rate, 

this would be $4,001.22 in U.S. dollars (or best offer)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A picture with the paperwork would be very helpful to ensure its authenticity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago on our Forum there was another

one of these for sale.  It was far larger than a hood ornament;

it was an actual mid-sized statue.  I don't know the origin,

but I suspect they might have been exhibited in dealerships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

So with the current exchange rate, 

this would be $4,001.22 in U.S. dollars (or best offer)

 

Now just think if AACA members went on a National Tour in Canada it would be the same 30% discount for every penny they spend on the tour including registration. Why the room at $135 a night including a hot breakfast with 30% dollar exchange difference alone would almost cover the cost of your passport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

A few years ago on our Forum there was another

one of these for sale.  It was far larger than a hood ornament;

it was an actual mid-sized statue.  I don't know the origin,

but I suspect they might have been exhibited in dealerships.

 

There are real ones that were supplied to RR dealers by RR of America. There is also an ashtray with the RR mascot but I would take a lot of convincing that the one offered here is one of those. But then this one is for Rolls Roche...

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Don Sommers at American Arrow made several of these large Ladies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to AACA forums , Howsrd123459 ! As you gather , forum participants are wary of first time posters offering good deals. A number of us have been burned thusly. Please include pics , and your contacts. I seem to recall a fairly recent sale of a similar statue here. I am an old fool , far too trusting , due to being brought up with unrealistic expectations from my mother. But the guys are teaching me. So please pardon any skepticism here , and if you are for real , please offer more info. If you are not for real , please find yourself a virtuous path in life. No one , not even the potential victims you will spare , will benefit more than yourself. You know , all that "Virtue is its own reward" , and "If the greedy scoundrel knew the blessings of virtue , he would be the most virtuous of men" , stuff. Try it , you might grow to like it after a while. Again , dear newbie , welcome to the wonderful world of AACA where we have strength in numbers. We exist here to help one another. I hope you stick around and do the same.   - Carl 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well said Carl. I might add if he is trying to rip someone off we will do everything in our power to prevent that from happening. Maybe that is what you were getting at but sometimes plain language is more meaningful. 

My true feelings on rip off artist can not be expressed on a family forum. 

Dave S 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howsrd123459 this is a tough group.  We will want to see photos with a measuring device AND a newspaper folded so that we can read the date of the newspaper, ALL IN THE SAME PHOTO, and NOT photoshopped....

Edited by Grimy
replaced missing letter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the others have said,  please show us detailed photos of the engraving on the base and under the wings and also photos with a ruler showing height and width so we can determine what model and or year of the car it was designed for as they are all different. 

     

A photo of the verification sheet would also be interesting but unless the statue is genuine and certified by a well known Rolls-Royce expert its not worth the paper its printed on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a couple of these early Rolls-Royce statues, and they were said to be used in dealership showrooms. The ones I saw were a bit under 2' high on marble bases; one of these went to auction where it sold for about $2000, but this was 15 years ago. I think it would be difficult to fake one and make it look authentic.

 

I can't imagine the seller is only selling a radiator mascot for that amount of money.

Edited by Craig Gillingham (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you guys wasted no time in beating up on this newbie.  Doubt he'll be back after reading all that.

 

What if he really has an original statue, and the paperwork shows it's really special?  Maybe it was owned by the Grand Poohpaw of Neverbeenastan?

 

Reminds me of the time that stupid me, I had a fellow tell me about a really nice car, and the pricing, and I made fun of it too, saying it couldn't possibly be that good for that price, so I never even went to look at it.  Later, I saw the car after someone else bought it, and what a honey of a car it was.

 

So, making fun of a deal without knowing all about the facts can really backfire....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

A few years ago on our Forum there was another

one of these for sale.  It was far larger than a hood ornament;

it was an actual mid-sized statue.  I don't know the origin,

but I suspect they might have been exhibited in dealerships.

 Yes, I bought it , and I am still glad did.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have hidden some of the replies to this discussion. I have sent a message to the original poster asking him to please reply to the questions in this discussion. He sent me some photos by PM, but I have asked him to post them publicly here along with his reply.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Is this a scam??????????????????????????????? But then again he does have a paper of  genuine authenticity. Now if it were 100% silver with bronze plating I might consider it. Strange he is asking for Canadian dollars and I guess that is to set the hook tighter.

 

20 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Is this a scam??????????????????????????????? But then again he does have a paper of  genuine authenticity. Now if it were 100% silver with bronze plating I might consider it. Strange he is asking for Canadian dollars and I guess that is to set the hook tighter.

It is bronze with silver playing and 100% real am asking for Canadian dollars because I moved to Canada recently with the art!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Grimy said:

Howsrd123459 this is a tough group.  We will want to see photos with a measuring device AND a newspaper folded so that we can read the date of the newspaper, ALL IN THE SAME PHOTO, and NOT photoshopped....

This is a very easy photo shop job !! I have posted pictures and if you still feel u need more pictures feel free to ask 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DavidAU said:

As the others have said,  please show us detailed photos of the engraving on the base and under the wings and also photos with a ruler showing height and width so we can determine what model and or year of the car it was designed for as they are all different. 

     

A photo of the verification sheet would also be interesting but unless the statue is genuine and certified by a well known Rolls-Royce expert its not worth the paper its printed on.

Will get to us ASAP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Craig Gillingham said:

I've seen a couple of these early Rolls-Royce statues, and they were said to be used in dealership showrooms. The ones I saw were a bit under 2' high on marble bases; one of these went to auction where it sold for about $2000, but this was 15 years ago. I think it would be difficult to fake one and make it look authentic.

 

I can't imagine the seller is only selling a radiator mascot for that amount of money.

Indeed value has gone up! Feel free to look on internet ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trimacar said:

Wow, you guys wasted no time in beating up on this newbie.  Doubt he'll be back after reading all that.

 

What if he really has an original statue, and the paperwork shows it's really special?  Maybe it was owned by the Grand Poohpaw of Neverbeenastan?

 

Reminds me of the time that stupid me, I had a fellow tell me about a really nice car, and the pricing, and I made fun of it too, saying it couldn't possibly be that good for that price, so I never even went to look at it.  Later, I saw the car after someone else bought it, and what a honey of a car it was.

 

So, making fun of a deal without knowing all about the facts can really backfire....

Very much agreeed ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please add a picture of the signature and foundry markings which are also necessary to provide authenticity. 

 

Thank you,

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now